Friday, February 25, 2011

The Fresh Colors of Spring


Oh, yes, it's almost spring! Well, maybe faux spring. Last week I got a new camera, so I was hunting around my home for objects to shoot. These flowers are one of my favorite subjects. No, they are not real but they make me happy just the same.


I selected some items that went together stylistically to create a vignette. Normally the mirror does not reside on the boxes but don't the colors just go together beautifully?


Usually I am all about color. However, there is still one room in my home that is painted white (bedroom and adjoining bath). Even though I love color, I do adore the all antique white rooms. This one will stay neutral. Besides, it provides very nice lighting in the afternoon for photos.

"I may be faux, but I'm pretty just the same".
Sincerely, The Flowers


I have a feeling that I may not be the only person who buys and displays frames, but does not put a photo in them. I guess it may be laziness but honestly, I really think it's just because I love the frame. I have several in my home like that. That's not so bad, is it?

Oh, about my new camera. I got the Nikon D7000 and I love it. For quite some time, I have been thinking of upgrading. Well, I finally decided to go ahead and I'm so glad that I did. If any of you Nikon gals are thinking about that camera, I definitely recommend looking into it.

8 comments:

stephanie said...

Your photos are fabulous...Just the images I needed to see on this dreary, rainy winter day...

Angie Platten said...

Love the flowers. Hey, is that hat made by Jennifer Whitmer, by chance? it looks like her work.

Kris Pare said...

Lovely photos and that hat is gorgeous! I've been waivering between Canon and Nikon--no decision yet.

Faith Hope Cherrytea said...

Thx so much, Sharon, for sharing your creativity with us!
happy for you to have this new 'toy' and the results!
thought you'd be interested in today's post at FHC ~ you're in it ") with appreciation !!
ps~i'm a white frame collector too ")

Babbs said...

Love the photos!! Beautiful and springlike. I too am lover of frames!! I found your blog through T's Daily Treasures and ran right over, glad I did. I love your blog and I am your newest follower!! Please pop by for a visit anytime. ;)

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

I was happy to hear that you have a new camera and what gorgeous photographs, love all the colours.
I love frames too and the hat is really cute.

Happy weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Stunning photos! :) They are definitely symbols of spring. :) Congrats on the new camera - I'll have to upgrade mine sometime. Enjoy your Sunday! Theresa

Kim Hanauer said...

Hi Sweet Sharon!
Thanks for the tip on the camera. Your photos are always wonderful. Faux flowers? Why not? Color makes me happy and it won`t be long for the real things!
Have a Blessed Sunday~
Kim
xxoo