Sunday, January 2, 2011

Winter Scenes


This decorative little birdie lives in a terrarium in my living room. Inside, I've placed beaded swags surrounding the little birds outside their nest. There are so many uses for Christmas decor throughout the year. It doesn't scream "Christmas", rather the decor says "ooooooh".



My favorite Christmas card this year came from my friend Wendy in Taiwan. It arrived in a flat envelope, but opened into a 3-D tree surrounded by angels and a greeting. So pretty, that I must leave it out throughout winter


These little houses are pieces from my project in the Charlotte Lyons workshop during the 2009 Silver Bella art retreat. Slowly, I am completely my remaining projects although this project is still a work in progress. The houses and trees are meant to be pieces in a mobile. However, I think I may create a scene with them instead. Not sure yet, but for now they'll adorn my creative space.

Kitty Alert! 
Miss Gracie and Nipper have hinted that it's been some time since they have been featured here. Luckily, these little ladies are quite photogenic and they will make an appearance here this week. If you've been wondering what Miss Gracie and Nipper have been up to, you may be surprised to find out what has been holding their interest lately. Hint: it involves technology!

Happy January!

2 comments:

NicNacManiac said...

Oh my goodness Sharon,
Your photos skills are amazing and your decor is lovely!! I have a new camera and it is so much fun playing. I am going to indulge in a couple of courses so that I can take better pix!
Your Mom is truly beautiful and yes, you are fortunate that she has passed on those lovely genes to you...lucky girl!!
I hope the New Year brings you much happiness and makes all of your dreams come true...at least enough to complete all of the items your lists!!
Happy Sunday xOxO Nerina

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Sharon:
Your Silver Bella project is so sweet. I'm sure it will be beautiful when you're finished. Looking forward to seeing photos of Miss Gracie again, too!
I hope you have a wonderful and creative week, my friend.
xoxo
Donna, Kes and Fezzik