Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy 2011


It's a brand new year!  What does that mean? Yes, time to wrap up my annual list that summarizes the last year and begin my resolutions for the new year. The annual summary is a bulleted list by month that I create throughout the year. It started out as an accomplishments list but it morphed into a summary listing highlights and lowlights. The reason lowlights are included is that it provides more of an actual record by month and by year of key events. 

Separately, I create my resolutions or goals list for the new year. This year, I think I will make fewer resolutions as I tend to be naturally over-ambitious. Actually, I think I'll make two resolutions charts: a primary and secondary. Even though I don't complete all of my resolutions, I can't bear not to have all those thoughts on paper somewhere. Is that cheating? Regardless, perhaps I'll feel more success focusing on the primary list since it will be shorter (not that I ever have any expectation of completing them all, mind you!). 

This list is broken down into different categories such as Creativity, Personal Growth, Relationships, Money, Health, Lifestyle/Home and Work/Career. The key is to have it all written down on paper and  review it during the year. It's a good experience to do a final review at the end of the year and see what was accomplished. One tip is to know that the list can be flexible. If your interests change during the year, feel free to make adjustments along the way. There's no need to feel locked in if that doesn't suit you any more. Well, it's time to get going on this. 

Wishing you a fabulous start to your new year!

3 comments:

T's Daily Treasures said...

Happy new year Sharon! My thoughts are never ever this organized to come up with any kinda list. I can barely make a shopping list that contains all the items I might need for any given day. Kudos to you for being able to think things through. Wishing you all the best, Tammy

Jan said...

Ah, Tammy (T's Daily Treasures) is my blog friend, too! She's such a sweet person. And NOW you have come over to visit me (and enter the giveaway) so the theads of friendship continue.
Your blog is just wonderful and let me say that your mother is absolutely beautiful. Not a day over 60! Your gene-pool is definately A+.
Sharon, I am now following you so I don't miss a moment of your inspiration.
Hugs,
Jan

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Sharon,
Happy New Year!! I am your newest follower! I hope you have a wonderful and creative year!!
XO