Sunday, December 26, 2010

Picturing the Holidays


This month, the class I'm taking online is Picture the Holidays. Billed as 30 days of festive photography, each day we get a special prompt to photograph a feeling, an object or a technique. 


While browsing at Cost Plus World Market a few weeks ago, these wonderful glass birds caught my eye as part of a Christmas decor display. I simply had to have them!



 They are just so pretty, I find them irresistible.



My 90mm 2.8 macro lens is truly a favorite. Perfect for getting the details up close. This tiny pink feather tree just makes me feel so good all year long.



Since I could not find the right vintage style Christmas tree I wanted, I wound up placing some of the ornaments on the pink feather tree for photo purposes. 


While a bit too big for the tree, it did make a great background.


I appreciate you stopping by today and do hope you are enjoying your holidays in whichever way you celebrate! 

Happy Holidays!

5 comments:

raggygirlvintage said...

Gorgeous photos, love the tree in the background!
Tracey

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Sharon:
Kes, Fezzik and I are sending you wishes for a wonderful holiday week - and a prosperous and happy new year. Thanks for visiting with us over the past year. We hope you'll stop by in 2011 and share your thoughts with us. We'll be back to say hello and get to know you better, too!
xoox
Hugs from Florida,
Donna

T's Daily Treasures said...

Hi Sharon, I am glad to see that you are still snapping away this holiday season. Those little birdies are delightful. Wishing you all the best as we head into the New Year. Blessings for peace, joy, love. Tammy

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

I loved seeing your beautiful Christmas photos, the pearly birds and decorations are gorgeous.
I hope that you had a happy Christmas and now wish you wonderful holidays and all the very best for 2011.

Hugs
Carolyn

IsabellasCloset said...

Sharon, Oh what lovely treasures and beautiful photos!
I received the little pink bird from one of my daughters for Christmas.. I love it!
Happy New Year <3
Blessings ~Mary~