Monday, December 27, 2010

My Gorgeous Swedish Mother


This weekend, Mom came over to spend time with her daughters. While she was here, we did a little photo shoot. Can you guess how old she is? Well, she's 80 and one half, as she reminded me. She looked so beautiful in this photo. She put on just a touch of eye pencil and a little lipstick. Her hair is naturally brown with some streaks of silver. While I look much more like my dad, I have to say thank you for the good genes and can only hope I look this good at her age!

One day about a year or two ago, she was in a store purchasing an item and the sales clerk told her "Too bad you aren't a senior, you could have gotten an extra discount."!

6 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

Your Mother is very beautiful and she looks like she is 60!
I hope that you have had a happy Christmas and I wish you a lovely Festive season and holidays.

Hugs
Carolyn

Teacup Mosaics said...

Yes she is beautiful, her eyes sparkle, celebration your relationship. Happy 2011!

Theresa said...

She is gorgeous! Lucky you to have those wonderful genes! Theresa xoxo

T's Daily Treasures said...

Hey Sharon! I can see a bit of you in your mom for sure. She is beautiful and certainly does not look like she is 80 years young. Happy New Year to you and yours. Tammy

June said...

Sharon your mother is beautiful!!! My goodness, when you said her age I couldn't believe it.
Your photography is just amazing in your previous post. I love your sweet tree!
Wishing you a wonderful new year dear friend!
hugs

kana said...

Hoping you will have a great 2011! Maybe we will meet up at an art retreat this year...I sure hope so! Love the photo of your mom and I see you in her.