Thursday, December 9, 2010

More Flea Market Finds


Oooooh, what's that sparkling? It's a rhinestone buckle that I picked up last month at the flea market. Love anything rhinestone!


Okay, I know this looks like a hodge podge of beads, ribbon and fabric but it's actually a vintage flower pin. Those darn little beads are coming so it needs a little love and attention.


One vendor had boxes of packaged vintage arts items. These little gold leaves can be a lovely accent to so many things.


How could I go to my favorite flea market and not come home with another rhinestone necklace? And isn't this just the time of year to sparkle? Well, yes, I do try to sparkle all year long but especially this time of year. I have to admit, it's been challenging to do so since I've had a cold for the last two and a half weeks. I hope I'm ready to sparkle again soon!



A roll of pink felt was hard to resist (and hey, it was only a buck). Now, if I can ever find time to use my wonderful bits and bobs to create something wonderful.

It was fun to see all of the old Christmas items to be had. I did have another flea market heartbreak though. I spotted a vintage sewing machine cabinet with a wonderful ornate carving in the wood. Unfortunately, it was already sold and the vendors sold it cheap. It was so beautiful that I then had no interest in the other one with plainer wood. You just never know since it takes so long to get through the whole market. Maybe next time I'll start at the opposite end and work backwards. Who knows what I may find!

3 comments:

kana said...

Hope you are enjoying this holiday season. I like your Anna Corba project...very pretty!

T's Daily Treasures said...

Hi Sharon, just stopping in to wish you and your family a most wonderful holiday. I hope all is well. Peace & blessings, Tammy

Cassandra said...

Just thought I would stop by to wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Happy Holidays
Cassandra