Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Most Fabulous Photography Workshop

Last weekend, I attended a photography workshop I'd been waiting to take for some time. The funny, uber talented team of Me Ra Koh and her husband Brian are professional photographers from Seattle who offer workshops throughout the country. I spent an entire weekend in Oakland with them and 20 other aspiring photographers who were ready to take their photography to the next level. And that we did!

The weekend was filled with lots of laughter as Me Ra and Brian shared their experience and knowledge with us. The first hour or so was spent introducing ourselves and learning why each of us was there. It was wonderful to hear each other's stories. I was inspired by the 20 ladies as much as Me Ra and Brian. Each one, so passionate about what photography means to them. One of the highlights of the workshop was the hands-on shooting. On Saturday, we photographed moms with their babies, and on Sunday it was families. The moms and families who volunteered to be our models were so wonderful. It was a total blast doing these shoots.


 This little guy was toddling over where Me Ra was demonstrating a family shoot.


Jillian was a sweet, tiny preemie. 


She had on an adorable little pink dress.


These kids belong to the family that my group was photographing. What a cute pair they were!


They were so great to work with - they willingly did anything we asked them as we went from spot to spot. 


I hope they had as much fun as we had that day.


The kids teased and tussled each other making natural subjects showing their personalities.


And even when we asked them be goofy, they willingly got into it.


For the baby shoot, we photographed several moms with their babies. 


All the babies were so sweet, each with their own personality. This is Keri and her sweet little Tessa.


The moms looked so beautiful, they were just glowing.



I imported the photos into iPhoto for some editing. I love how easy it is to change the contrast, exposure and saturation. 


By the end of the afternoon, little Tessa was sound asleep. I think we tired out with all of us excited to take her picture.


These are just some of the photos I took - more to come with some of the other wonderful moms and babes! 

5 comments:

Her Art Nest said...

Great shots! Very inspiring.....

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

I enjoyed seeing your wonderful photographs and what a fun class that would have been.
Thanks for sharing.

Hugs
Carolyn

T's Daily Treasures said...

Hey Sharon! I thought you already took great photos and there you are taking a photography class. Love that first little boy with the tie and rubber boots. So cute! Sweet photos with the babies and kids. Have a great rest of the week. ;) Tammy

June said...

Sharon, these are gorgeous pictures! I would love to take a class. It has been years since I did...like about 25 years! I would learn so much. I am so glad you had this opportunity.
hugs to you...

Kim Hanauer said...

Hi Sharon, what beautiful photos! I could use a class like this! Wish you were going to Silver Bella. Maybe next year. Have a Blessed day- Kim