Sunday, September 12, 2010

Two of My Favorites: Flowers and Miss Gracie

 09-11-10_0683b

Just had to get some new flowers today. The other bowl was getting a little sparse, so time for a big full bowl full of color.

09-11-10_0668c

The center flowers remind me of mini gladiolas although I’m not sure exactly what they are.

09-11-10_0670b

The bright colors make me happy but… 

09-11-10_0676c so do these pastel pinks in the buds.

09-11-10_0680b

I love the combination of the swirls on the chair combined with…

09-11-10_0682b 

the rusty look and feel although I noticed strips of paint are actually starting to come off. Well, it served its purpose for quite some time.

09-11-10_0691b   With the warm weather we’ve had the last several days, I’ve enjoyed getting out and watering the plants and flowers. I only wish I had more so I could spend more time doing so.

09-11-10_0693b

The baby buds are important to keep the flowers blooming so I always look for plants that have plenty on them.

09-11-10_0704b

These flowers are left over from last summer and have been quite happy this past year.

09-11-10_0715b

Have you noticed how it’s beginning to feel like autumn? The sun has changed position (well, maybe its actually the earth but…) so there is only a little bit of sun that comes in our favorite room in the afternoon. I had to move the chair right next to the window so Miss Gracie could get maximum sun today. Miss Gracie will be one unhappy camper kitty when autumn finally arrives!

4 comments:

T's Daily Treasures said...

Hi Sharon, gorgeous photos! And Miss Gracie is beautiful as always. We've been away for 5 days so I definitely need to get out there and water the plants on our balconies. Sure wish it felt like Fall around here. Won't be happening for a while. Have a great week. :) Tammy

Laura said...

I love your photos! The flowers in the center are snapdragons. They are one of my favorite flowers!
blessings
~*~

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

Love your beautiful photos, yes they are snapdragons and the colours are so pretty.
Miss Gracie looks like a Princess sitting on her chair.
Enjoy Fall and have a lovely week

Hugs
Carolyn

June said...

Sharon I do think Miss Gracie looks regale sitting there on such a lovely perch. I think I will be missing the sun roght along with her. We can pout together.
Your flowers are beautiful. The middle flowers are called snapdragons. I love them too! They come in such gorgeous colors.
Thank you for always leaving me kind words to take in to my heart and you have such a beautiful spirit.
hugs