Monday, September 27, 2010

Our New Flea Market

candlestick_big

Photo by Fleamarketzone.com

Last July, a new flea market opened in the San Francisco Bay Area. It’s the Candlestick Park Antiques & Collectibles Faire. Can you guess where it is? Why, Candlestick Park, of course!

It’s held the third Sunday of each month, unless the Niners are playing and then it moves to the fourth Sunday. It’s not too big yet but all items are supposed to be 20 years or older so at least you know everything is vintage.

This past weekend was my first time there and we could not have picked a nicer day. The weather was in the eighties where it’s usually cold and windy there along the bay. In fact, it was really hot. There are not many days at the Stick like that.

So here’s the big surprise: I did not buy anything. I did see some things that I liked but I didn’t need. Plus, I am running out of room in my house so I need to be pickier about my purchases. I passed up a white nightstand, a white bench with padded seating and a delicious brown velvet small purse. Although there was more furniture and statuary, my favorite flea market is still the DeAnza College flea market. It’s a bit more of an adventure where you have to dig more for the treasures.

4 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

How wonderful that there is a new flea market in town and maybe there might be something there for you next time.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

kana said...

I never leave the Nash flea mkt without a purchase, but it has many, many vendors. I did however go to 3 different antique stores the other day and did not make 1 purchase. You are right about being picker once we have too much!!

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Even though I'm TOTALLY JEALOUS of your new flea market...(hmpf!)

I want to be the first to wish Miss Gracie a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY!
(it's October 3rd here in Cajun Country!)
;)

Love you lots Sharon!!!!

Mel said...

I LOVE flea markets! Looks fabulous! Mel (BYW)