Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Lovely Luncheon

 aug16-1

Oh, yum! Last week, I was invited to a luncheon at Ulla’s, who is a friend of my mom. What a wonderful afternoon we had together.

aug16-2

A fresh salad and two kinds of quiche were served. So yummy, we finished up the quiche and I had seconds (and thirds of the salad!).

aug16-3

Fresh whipped cream and raspberries adorned the jellyroll cake.

aug16-4

A cup of coffee with dessert topped off the meal.

 aug16-5

My mom’s friend is Swedish like my mom, and she served a tea from Sweden for those who preferred tea.

 aug16-6

Oh, wait! There was fresh fruit, too.

aug16-7

A day off from work to enjoy time with friends and family is very civilized and something to do more often.

aug16-8

Ulla must have thought I was nuts (my family knows this already) as I photographed everything that afternoon. Here I am in the bathroom and the only reason I photographed it ,too, was that it was so gorgeous. I felt like I was in a beautiful hotel.

aug16-9

After lunch and conversation, we went outside where the weather was perfectly gorgeous.

aug16-10

Ulla’s house is at the very top of a hill in Silicon Valley and has a panoramic view of the bay area. If you look directly in the middle of this photo, you’ll see the financial district of San Francisco. To the right is the Bay Bridge, with the Golden Gate hidden from view behind the hill on the left.

We’ve been having a cool summer this year (in fact, the coldest in 40 years on record) but this day the weather was perfect. What a great way to start the weekend!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Hi Sharon, looks like it was an absolutely lovely afternoon spent in beautiful surroundings with good friends. What a gorgeous view! Glad to hear you are having perfect weather, as here it is far from that. I'm hiding out in pajamas each and every day. :/ Best wishes for the rest of your week. Tammy

Cristiana.C said...

Your blog is lovely, just found it!
http://obsessedwithglamour.blogspot.com/

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

What a fabulous way to start your weekend, enjoying the beautiful lunch with family and friends.
The food looks delicious and love the view and the gorgeous bathroom.

Happy weekend
Hugs
Carolyn