Sunday, August 8, 2010

Flea Market Finds Do Come In Handy

aug8-2

This weekend, I attended a lovely wedding shower. My shower gift was two large bath towels and that meant a very large box to be wrapped.

aug8-3

I shopped late Friday night and didn’t pick up any wrap. So Saturday morning, I began to look around my house for wrapping items. Tissue paper? Only white in the large sheet size. Wrapping paper? Some, but not quite what I was looking for this day.

aug8-4

Luckily, I happened to have some striped, lavender, clear acetate sheets that my former neighbor had given me before she moved out of the country. I had several pieces of colored tulle from the flea market, so a lavender piece was wrapped around the box. But what to do with the ends? Always save those small pieces of ribbon! Two lavender pieces fixed that, then the tulle was pulled to the middle and splayed into a circle. A quick flower pin from my flea market supplies and ta da! I was worried it was going to look like a rag tag present before I finished but happily it all came together.

aug8-1

A little card and it was done. Whew, that was a close call!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I think it is quite lovely and the fact that you created with you own imagination is so much better than just BLAH ole wrapping paper.
Have a Wonderfully Mad and Curiously Enchanted Day....
Wendy from Wonderland

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

Your wrapping on the gift and card are gorgeous and I love the tulle bow and flower.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

T's Daily Treasures said...

I have no doubt that any and every gift from you is always presented in a most marvelous way. Makes it more special when it designed by you, especially using things you can find close at hand. Best wishes for a beautiful day. Tammy

GardenDesigner said...

it is so beautiful!!! I love it!! what a lucky person to get that!!
Hope you are having a great summer!! :)

~Vanessa!