Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Create a Lovely Outer Envelope – It’s Easy!

aug2-1

Recently, a friend had a birthday so I decided to make the envelope as pretty as the card inside.

aug2-2

First, I chose a piece of pretty paper to adhere to the envelope. Next, I added a crystal paisley decor to the white part of the envelope as well as below the flower.

aug2-3

Then, I selected a pink seam binding ribbon and gold beading which I attached to the pin on the back of the flower. After, I simply pinned the flower piece to the envelope.

 aug2-5

For added sparkle, I glued a large pink crystal to the middle of the flower.

aug2-4

Oooooooh, I just love all the pinks together. But of course, you can choose any color scheme you wish.

aug2-6 

As a final touch, the recipient’s name is adhered with crystal alphabet letters at the top of the envelope. I truly enjoy making the envelope as special as the card. Of course, it’s a bit hard to mail this way!

aug2-8

And inside… a pretty cake topper ballerina card. Sometimes I print the sentiment on the inside of the card; other times, I use rub-ons for the sentiment and decor. On cards like this, I also add a small cupcake embellishment inside. And that’s it. Simple, yes?

8 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

What a beautiful birthday card and your friend would be very happy getting that. They are always so much nicer hand made and with love.

Hope that you are having a great week
Hugs
Carolyn

June said...

Sharon this is over the top beautiful! Anyone would love to receive such and envelope and card! You put the 'Sharon touch
on everything you do and I LOVE it!!!
hugs

T's Daily Treasures said...

This is a piece of art in itself and definitely a keeper. My aunt makes envelopes from old calendar pages and then uses plain white stickers for address labels. A great way to repurpose.

Hope you are having a great week. Best wishes, Tammy

icandy... said...

wendy is one lucky friend!
this is just beautiful!
ox
christina

Emily-Claire said...

I'm sure your friend LOVED it! What a thoughtful, creative gift.

It is so nice to be back and to catch up with your lovely blog. The new layout looks fantastic!

I hope you and Miss Gracie are doing well!!!

GardenDesigner said...

Your pictures are so awesome!! they could be a card by themselves!!

~Vanessa

Marrianna said...

Sharon, this is a great idea. Your envelope is delightful. I'm inspired to make simple cards with great envelopes, just to help people smile when they receive my little gift. On this early Monday morning in December, your post is just what I needed. Thank you.

Marrianna

Hank hendricks said...

Cute card..anyone would be happy getting that..along with Gift Card envelopes.