Sunday, July 25, 2010

July, 2010 continued.

 jul25-1

Miss Gracie's favorite tail position

I call it the piglet tail.

jul25-2

No name for this, just her sweet little paw.

jul25-5

 My Yummy Meal

Last weekend, I made three new recipes for dinner. First up was a fresh corn, crab and tomato salad. I had been wanting to try this for quite some time but could not find both fresh crab and corn on the cob at the same time. Finally, it came together. It was mixed with fresh basil, red onion and cherry tomatoes atop slices of heirloom Cherokee tomatoes (my favorite type of heirloom).

jul25-3

Next up was a Rachel Ray pasta recipe found in one of her recent magazine issues.

jul25-4

More cherry tomatoes were involved, but this time they were roasted.

jul25-7 

Yum-O! At least, I think that is what she says. Fresh roasted cherry tomatoes, chopped basil and Italian flat leaf parsley, red onions and an olive oil and garlic base with parmesan cheese. So good, but have you noticed that it always seems to be that much tastier the next day?

jul25-8

This was served with roasted baby carrots. I love roasting vegetables because it brings out a sweet, caramelized flavor you can’t get otherwise.

jul25-9

Oh, and for desert, a fresh peach and nectarine pie served with vanilla bean ice cream. Yes, I was a busy cook last Sunday but I so enjoy being able to make wonderful dishes with fresh fruits and vegetables purchased at our local farmer’s market. It really is a joyful experience to see and taste all the locally grown produce.

jul25-10

And best of all? Mom came over for dinner and enjoyed it with us. She looked so cute, I had to take a picture of her before she left. Mom turned 80 last May and is having surgery on Tuesday to have her pacemaker replaced, so I was glad to have made her a yummy meal beforehand. I sent her packing with leftovers so she could enjoy it one more day, too.

3 comments:

Brynwood Needleworks said...

THAT was your 80 year old mum????? NO WAY!!! She's gorgeous! As for all the food...I'm salivatin' big time, girlfriend. Thanks for sharing the inspiration. And please, tell your mum that she doesn't look a day over...well, I'm 56...yeah, not a day over 56!
xoxo
Donna

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

Your Mum looks beautiful and she is really so youthful looking.
Wishing her well for her surgery.
Love the sweet photos of Miss Gracie and your food looks delicious. Always great to try some new recipes.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

T's Daily Treasures said...

Hi Sharon, your food sounds delicious! Yummo! Everything fresh and yummy! I've been eating a lot of cherry tomatoes too. Love them!

My aunt has 4 cats and 2 kittens in her house right now. I was trying to get good pictures of them last nite but I don't know all the settings on my camera and I really need one that zooms and works a lot faster and better.

Wishing you a great week ahead. :) Tammy