Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Fourth of July



Wishing a happy Fourth of July to everyone! Yesterday was flea market day - I have pictures which I'll post shortly. It was really fun but I must admit feeling a tinge of regret as I struggle with the want vs. need thing. No, I don'r really need anything more, but gosh, it sure is fun to hunt for treasures. Today I spent several hours organizing my space because all the stuff was driving me crazy! It is looking much better now. I did have to get rid of some things, which is always hard to do. I do feel like there are a lot of art supplies that I won't use anymore and it made me feel a little sad boxing them up. However, I'll just  store the box so I can alway dip into it if need be.

Tonight we'll be watching the celebrations on tv, which is our tradition. Two we never miss are A Capitol Fourth and the Boston Pops. Our town has one of the few remaining fireworks celebrations and it gets really busy with so many people coming here. It is estimated 30,000 - 40,000 people will attend! So I'll watch outside my window and stay here with the kitties so no one gets scared. And then, one more day off before returning back to my regular schedule. Well, Miss Gracie is asking me to sit by her while she suns herself, so I must go do that for a while. There's nothing more important than cat happiness in this house!

2 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Happy 4th of July, Sharon ... sounds like you are going to be in for some fun watching the fireworks and celebrations.
Enjoy sitting in the sun with Miss Gracie, sounds like a lovely way of spending the afternoon.

Hugs
Carolyn

June said...

Oh of course we must hunt for more Sharon! I try not to feel guilty about it either, because it is like I'm saving it for someone else to enjoy long after I'm gone. How's that for justification?
I quietly celebrated the day mayself because 'the cop' had to work. Friday I went to the flea market that they were having in Hailey, a little town not far from me. I found some treasures too. I can't wait to see what you brought home.
hugs to you from here.