Saturday, June 12, 2010

Weekend Notes

june10-1 

Last Saturday, I made my usual trip to the farmer’s market and came home with a bounty of wonderfully fresh fruits and veggies. That night, I made purple cauliflower with cheese sauce, parmesan tomatoes and roasted asparagus with parmesan. I know I was missing the protein, but I couldn’t resist cooking up all these dishes! I’m on my way again today, only I have to arrive early before it gets too hot. Temperatures will be in the eighties today!

 june8-7

Last weekend I also photographed some kayaks that I see from the overpass I drive over each day on my way to work. I have to admit I was a bit disappointed when I got there because the angle was quite different. The perfect angle really was from the top of the overpass. Even so, I was delighted to find a number of the Canadian geese that have made our town their permanent home.

june8-14

Not everyone is thrilled to have them as they are quite messy. I’ve even seen a little car marked “Goose Patrol” with two herding dogs in it. The city has hired them to herd the geese off the public lawns.

june7-1

I also picked up this magazine last weekend. Have you seen it? It actually is quite interesting, even if I’m not bringing home a goat! There are articles about gardening, crafts, simple living, recipes, wellness and so much more. I found it at Barnes and Noble – it’s worth taking a look.

7 comments:

dena miller said...

Dear Sharon,
I just love Mary Jane's Farm Magazine! I have read several of the issues. I also have discovered a few of her books and have purchased them. One is a sewing book and the other is packed with recipes, crafts and ideas for organic farming and living. It is worth looking into. Visit www.maryjanesfarm.org
Have a beautiful week.
~~hugs,
Dena

aBohemianMarket said...

Hi Friend Sharon, Tina, Ms. Gracie & Nip:
I love the photo of the foods you prepared with the produce you purchased at the farmer's market!!!
I love Mary Jane's magazine; I have been going to her website for a few years; www.maryjanesfarm.org/ You would enjoy it too.
I wish I had been your happy company when you prepared the produce : ) I am hungry now and wish I could eat the photo : )
peace & hugs
your friend
carole

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

Your meal looks great and isn't it always so nice to have fresh fruit and vegetables from the market.
I have not heard of this magazine and will see if it is at our newsagent.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Debby said...

I love going to the local farmer's market, so many goodies to find. I have never heard of that magazine, looks interesting.
Debby

T's Daily Treasures said...

Can't wait to visit farmers markets while we are in the States. :) All your vege dishes sound perfect to me. You must be extra busy lately. Today was my last day of school. Woo hoo! Summer has officially started for me. 2 weeks and we are off to the States. Wish California was on my list of places to visit. I have never, ever been there. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Tammy

June said...

Hi Sharon,
Don't you just love that magazine? Did you notice she's from Idaho? She's quite a bit north of me, but I would love to go see her farm sometime.
You veggie dishes look so yum...Mary Jane would be proud!!!
I have missed so many of your great posts of late. I had to go back and read all of what you have been up to and just as I thought, you have been busy as usual. It looks like you are loving your new camera. How does Miss Gracie like it?
Hugs

Rustique Gal said...

What delicious pictures you take! Your vegies--Okay, I'm hungry! I must say MaryJane's farm is fabulous! My best gf and I went to her B&B last spring for a couple of nights. WHAT FUN! Full of vintage stuff and a 4 course breakfast in the plum orchard. I'm totally into MJF. Check it out on line-unusual and did I say FUN?
Sherry