Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Something Pink, Something Blue

 june29-1

What’s blue is this poor, little kitten. And so the story begins… Last weekend, my sis heard a noise at four a.m. in our garage. She got halfway down the stairs when she decided to turn back, not knowing who or what was lurking down there. Poor little Gracie had gotten out of bed and was looking concerned, too. Later in the morning when I was getting ready, my sis yelled out to me that things were in disarray in the garage. Several items were knocked off shelves and lying on the floor.

At first, we panicked. Who could have been here? And why was nothing missing but just odd things out of place? Like poles used for painting the house and craft supplies on the floor. I decided it had to have been either in earthquake (this is California after all) or an animal. Either way, we went out about our business to the farmer’s market. I decided I would check the internet later to see if there actually had been an earthquake.

When we returned, more items were on the floor. A few moments later, I heard a bag rustling. I grabbed a broom for protection in case a wild, rabid animal was about to jump out at me ( we do have skunks, raccoons and other animals visit at night). Then I started removing items from where I heard the noise. I gave Sis the broom and told her to protect me with it but she quickly ditched it and got back in the car. Well, I guess it was every woman for herself at that point!

After finding nothing, I went back in the house. Then, Sis began yelling again for me to come quickly. The imagined wild rodent had turned out to be a little kitten who took the opportunity to sit at the edge of the garage and peer into the sunshine. With all the excitement, he (or she) quickly ran back into the garage behind a bookcase. Now we were oooohing and awwwwing over the sweet little guy. In a short while, I had coaxed him out and into a cat carrier with some food and water.

Once I shut that door, he was not happy at all. He looks like he just landed in jail! We tried taking a vote to see if he could stay, but Miss Gracie and Nipper gave it two paws down and thus began his trip to our local SPCA where he will hopefully find a good home. So much for our big adventure!

june29-2

And now for something pink… If you know me, you know that I love, love, love the color pink!

june29-3

Well, yes, I was hunting for a pair of neutral colored beige sneakers for summer, but then I found these…

june29-4

Honestly, could you resist these pink sneaks with green and white shoelaces? I think it’s going to be a very pink summer…

2 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

Oh I am so glad that it was a little kitty and not a mouse or rat or something scary.
Glad that you got it sorted.
Your new pink sneakers are cute and will be lovely for summer.

Hugs
Carolyn

June said...

Well Sharon I certainly couldn't have resisted the cute sneakers! They are darling and oh so you!
I'm sure that sweet kitty will find a home soon. He is a little doll.
hugs