Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Have You Sent a Letter Recently?

june15

In this world of electronic communication, do you recall the last time you sent a letter or card through the mail? One that you hand addressed, lovingly picked out and wrote with your heart?

If you haven’t done so lately, I urge you to cheer someone up, send an overdue thank you or maybe even a birthday wish. Or better yet, send a greeting for no reason at all. Given how infrequently this happens today, you could even think of it as a random act of kindness. What a great way to make someone’s day. Oh, and you’ll be wearing a smile too.

4 comments:

T's Daily Treasures said...

Hi Sharon, if I got a letter like that in the mail, I would think I was being invited to see the Queen :) When I send something from this side of the world, takes a month or longer to arrive. But when I am in the States, I take full advantage of the postal system. Since no one ever receives anything but emails from me any other time, it's a nice surprise for them to get something in the mail from me. Hope you are having a great week. Best wishes, Tammy

Karen said...

My goodness Sharon. It's beautiful. SOMEDAY I'm going to sit down and get my pens and book out and begin again. You are so inspirational!
Wonderful, wonderful post.
Have a great day!
karen

icandy... said...

handwritten letters...
oh, the joy and surprise on a good mail day!
this truly is a lost art.
hugs to you!
christina

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

Your handwritten letter is beautiful.
I write to my Mother and sister every alternate week, and they write to me too.
It is exciting getting mail in the box and so much nicer than a bill.
I hope that you are having a good week

Hugs
Carolyn