Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Note of Thanks

may11-6 

Next week, we are having a special staff retreat and appreciation party at work. As part of this day, all managers were asked to write thank you notes to their staff.

  may11-1

Managers were distributed note cards to write in but I just couldn’t use the ones I was given. They were simple, printed note cards in muted shades of color.

may11-2

To be honest, I wouldn't use them myself but then I have a different standard of what I like to send to others. The cards represent me, and so I just have to make them special.

may11-3

The first thing I did was print photos of some of my floral photographs. They were used to make the cards along with a nice watercolor, textured cardstock.

may11-4

Each envelope was then hand lettered. I don’t do this too often so I am a little rusty but hopefully they won’t notice!

may11-5  

Lastly, I added a bit of embellishment using a rubber stamp on all but this last one. A hand written note of my thanks and appreciation to each, and they were done. Oh, to have the time to sit and practice my lettering. 

6 comments:

T's Daily Treasures said...

Your group will definitely have the most beautiful thank you notes of all. You are so thoughtful to make it extra special. And what a great thing for your company to do to boost morale. More businesses should follow suit. Have a wonderful Wednesday! :) Tammy

Karen said...

Sharon!
OMG the notes are stunning! And that is only the envelope!!! How did you teach yourself this beautiful art? That is fabulous. Out of all the crafts and things we always see in blogs - the art of handwriting surpasses it all.
Beautifully done - I LOVED THIS POST!
Thanks for sharing this! Makes me want to dig out my callaigraphy books and pad of paper . . .
:) Karen

maría cecilia said...

Sharon, I`m so in love with all the beautiful flowers you show in older posts, and great pictures you take. And have loved the great cards you`ve made.
Cariños,
Maria Cecilia

Debby said...

Your note cards are beautiful and I am sure everyone will love them. This is such a great idea.
Debby

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

I love your beautiful note cards you have done ~ what a lovely and special gift to your work friends.

Enjoy the rest of the week
Hugs
Carolyn

My Grama's Soul said...

What a beautiful job you did. I think you letter is over the top lovely.

Jo