Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Lovely Mother’s Day

DSC_0088

My mom came over on Saturday to spend the afternoon and evening with us. During the afternoon, we freshened up the kitchen, living and dining rooms for Spring.

DSC_0023

My mom has a knack for decorating so we moved some things around and changed up the decor a bit. Each Spring I feel the need to clean and organize, so if felt good to have a fresh look.

DSC_0024

Earlier in the day, I had gone to the farmer’s market and bought lots of fresh produce, salmon from Canada and a special dessert.

DSC_0075

When we finished our cleaning/decorating, I tried a new recipe of roasted potatoes, mushrooms and baby carrots with salmon. On top was a sauce made with red wine vinegar, olive oil, mustard and honey. Oh my gosh, it was so good and the best salmon I have had in ages. It was so moist, it melted in our mouths. The salmon had just arrived from a native American fishery in Canada the day before. I will definitely be shopping from that vendor again at our farmer’s market.

DSC_0087

After dinner, we watched the old black and white classic, To Have and Have Not with Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall. Halfway through, I served the Lemon Chess pie with fresh sliced strawberries and fresh whipped cream. Yum!

Mom spent the night and in the morning I made fresh blueberry and banana pancakes. For the topping, I made our special family recipe of fresh strawberry sauce made with berries and half-and-half. Ohhhh, it was so good!

2 comments:

T's Daily Treasures said...

I love rearranging, but don't like the cleaning part which is always necessary around here. Your flowers are so beautiful! It certainly looks like you had a lovely weekend celebration with your sweet mom. And your food sounds yummo for sure! Have a great week ahead. :) Tammy

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

Sounds like you had a wonderful time celebrating Mother's day.
The flowers are beautiful and your food sounds delicious.

Enjoy your week
Hugs
Carolyn