Friday, March 19, 2010

Welcome, Spring!

mar19-1

Don’t you just love the beginning of a new season? Spring is like a breath of fresh air; I am always so ready for warmer days again.

 mar19-2

The last days of winter have been fabulous this week. Our weather has been in the 60 and 70 degree temperatures. That’s not quite normal but certainly a nice way to end winter and ease into Spring!

mar19-3

Flowers begin to bloom and I can hear the birds chirping outside. It makes me smile when I see the ducks and wildlife around the neighborhood. A few days ago we had a hare in our yard who stopped by to hang out and eat some tasty grass.

mar19-4

This weekend I’m having a birthday lunch (yes, I’m still celebrating my birthday one month later!) with an artsy friend. We meet twice a year for our birthdays and share what we’ve worked on since we last saw each other and just catch up on each other’s lives. I can’t wait to show her some of the things from Silver Bella.

mar19-5

My poor mom is sick at home with a bad cold but when I told her about the sweet comments made in last Sunday’s post, she just cheered right up. Thank you for saying such nice things as it certainly made her feel good and I was glad I could share that with her.

 

Happy first day of Spring!

10 comments:

T's Daily Treasures said...

Gorgeous flowers. Everything around here is dusty ... inside and out. Ugh! Hope your mom is feeling much better soon. good for you, Still celebrating your birthday. Enjoy your weekend. Many blessings, Tammy

Diva Kreszl said...

such beautiful photos! Happy Spring!

Colette George said...

Loving the pictures of flowers and things on your pretty blog. Thank you for sharing.
Colette

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

Oh what a lovely way to welcome Spring ~ seeing all the pretty flowers about.

Have a fabulous Sunday
Hugs
Carolyn

Rebecca said...

Happy spring to you too! What lovely photos. Can't wait until they are in full bloom this summer!

~Rebecca

aBohemianMarket said...

Hi Friend Sharon:
Thank you so much for the beautiful card you sent to me. I am on the mend : )
I am so busy with follow up doctor visits, lab tests and following through on finding a place to live on my own that this is my first time to enjoy sitting at this computer : )
I am having to find an apartment that will deal with my physical stuff : (
I will write to you later. I love the flowers; particularly the hydrangeas!!!
Much love to all of you
carole

Cassandra said...

What lovely colorful photos! Thanks so much for sharing. :)

GWENDOLYN said...

I always enjoy your beautiful pictures. Happy spring!
Gwen

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Hi sweet Sharon, Ohhhhh what gorgeous flowers, you always take the most stunning photos!! Happy Spring to you and also a belated Happy Birthday!!
Hope your dear Mom is starting to feel better.
Hugs, Carol Anne :)

Kerry McKibbins said...

I love those flowers!