Friday, March 12, 2010

Weekend Notes

mar12

One week closer to Spring… we had rain today but clear skies are ahead this weekend. And Daylight Savings time is this weekend, which I always look forward to each year.

So my decision about the flea market is… not going this weekend. As much I want to, I’m going to take a break this month and most likely go next month. I really do love going when the weather is sunny and warm although that is a few months off yet. Jodie, your idea about going and just photographing what I see is an interesting idea but I just don’t have that kind of willpower. Take pictures but not buy?! Hmmm, you are a much better woman than I! So instead, I’m going to visit my mother and take some pictures of her garden and paintings that she made several years ago but only recently hung on her walls (she requested that I take these).

I’d also like to spend some time this weekend working on my calligraphy – I love to see beautiful letters. I’ll spend a bit of time reading and some time planning my tussie mussie for the swap. Yes, as much as I love flea marketing, I can use the time this weekend on many other pursuits. TGIF!

5 comments:

T's Daily Treasures said...

Sounds like you have a wonderful weekend planned, even if you forego the flea market. I know I certainly don't need to buy more stuff. I need to use what I have. I love having my weekend open to many activities, cleaning is usually involved too. Being home is my most favorite thing -- time to piddle and do whatever. Enjoy your time. I'm sure your mom's gardens and paintings are lovely. Best wishes, TAmmy

icandy... said...

I'm just in love with that beautiful photograph!!
It's so much better to go flea marketing when the sun is shining, it makes the day even more enjoyable. Make sure to show off your calligraphy creations~ I can't wait to see what you're up to!!
Hugs,
Christina
ox

Rebecca said...

Sounds like a heavenly weekend. I always thought calligraphy would be a fun class to take. It is such a beautful art. I'd love to see what you've come up with.

~Rebecca

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

You have a lovely weekend planned.
Enjoy the time with your Mother and I love the pretty picture she has made.

Have a great weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Me? Willpower? NOT! It's just that I can't spend money when both of my hands are on the camera! That's my secret!
;)
We all love your calligraphy so I'm glad that you stayed home and played and enjoyed your time. Now you just need to show us what you did!
:)