Monday, March 1, 2010

Thank You, Sweet Friend

mar2-1

Imagine my surprise when I returned home from work last week and found a box the mail lady had delivered. I had completely forgotten that Miss Jodie had mentioned something was on its way to California. When I opened the box, I was greeted by this sweet child sitting atop a mass of crumpled pattern sheets. I quickly turned it over to discover a happy, cheery message with birthday greetings.

mar2-2

What did I do next? I quickly closed the box up! I was tired from a long day at work, and I knew there was something special in there. I wanted to open it when I could really spend time with and appreciate the gift inside. And special it was. Saturday morning, when I was relaxed (and the light was right for photography), I peeled back the layers to find this wonderful heart shaped sachet.

mar2-3

I adore the velvet embellishment and ribbon leaf. The Visions D’Amour piece has beautiful lettering and design giving it such a vintage appeal.

mar2-4

Laces and ribbons in soft pastels trail from the bottom adding a feminine touch.

mar2-5

The background is made of floral fabric in the front and a muslin back. Lace covers some of the lettering very delicately.

mar2-6

On top is a soft pink ribbon of seam binding, to hang it somewhere where it will be admired.

mar2-7

Miss Gracie was very interested as well and stayed close by waiting for her chance to admire it up close.

mar2-8

Yes, Miss Gracie tried to claim it too. It certainly is just the right size for her to use as a pillow. I think she looked at me and said “what a wonderful birthday present we have”. And with that, she gave it back for me to hang and think of our Miss Jodie. Thank you, dear friend, for thinking of me and blessing me with this gift from the heart (no pun intended!). I truly had one of the best birthdays ever thanks to all of you. I am so grateful for all the friends I’ve made in this wonderful world of blog.

5 comments:

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Awe Sharon (& Miss Gracie),
This is such a sweet post. Thank you.

I'm so glad you like it. You touched my heart so much when I met you last year, I'm so honored to be able to call you "friend".

I really tried to make something as beautiful as you...but it was impossible. I did the best I could though. I'm glad Miss Gracie thinks so too.

I love the photo with her paw...she's so sneaky!

Love you both~

T's Daily Treasures said...

What a beautiful gift from talented sweet Jodie! It's just lovely! How do you get Miss Gracie to put her sweet little paw in their like that in order to snap the photo? Glad you had a great birthday! I'm thinking 44 is a fantabulous age and it's gonna be a great year. Many blessings, Tammy

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

What a beautiful heart you got from sweet Jodie.
It is so pretty and will be neat to be reminded of your special friendship together.
Love the photo of Miss Gracie's paw, next to the present.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

June said...

How lovely of Jodie to send you such a beautiful gift for you and Miss Gracie to enjoy. It is gorgeous and knowing Jodie, she enjoyed every minute making it, knowing how happy it would make you to receive it. You are both two of my favorite blog buds.
Hugs

GWENDOLYN said...

What a sweet heart Jodie is to send you such a sweet heart:) It is lovely and Happy Birthday!
Blessings!
Gwen