Wednesday, March 17, 2010

One Reason Why I Love My Job

mar17-1

Each year, we have a holiday where we dress up and have a staff costume contest. Who doesn’t love to dress up? Well, some people don’t but I do!

mar17-2

The little kids looked so cute, too. I took a couple hundred photos of them (trying to get just a few good ones) and had so much fun doing so.

mar17-3

They had the cutest costumes…. lots of princesses, a UPS man, a Home Depot guy, dragon, panda, policeman, fairy, bumblebee, bear and so many more.

mar17-4

This little gal was dressed up as… Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. Love those shoes!

mar17-5

Another little one was all Barbied up and had on these sweet, little high heels.

mar17-6 

Can you guess which one is me? I didn’t win but I had fun dressing up. I look forward to this day each year. Usually I’m a fairy or princess but I surprised everyone this year by looking more “normal”.

mar17-7

I was dressed up as a lady from the 1930’s. Gotta love those garage sale and flea market finds!

5 comments:

T's Daily Treasures said...

Looks like fun! Your outfit is fab! I don't do dress up but like to see what everyone else is wearing. :) Today we had an International Festival at school so all the kids were dressed up. Of course, for my kids being American, didn't really have costumes. They just wore their Old Navy tshirts that come each year with the American Flag! Have a wonderful day. Tammy

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Love it Sharon!
You make a wonderful "vintage" woman...didn't you just feel at home in that pretty dress, gorgeous hat and vintage bling? Oh those gloves...lovely!
Cute Cute Cute!
Fun! Fun! Fun!!!!

Debby said...

How much fun is this! You look great.
Debby

Eugenia said...

Hi Sharon :)
Just wanted to let you know I have an award for you here:
http://under-the-pink.blogspot.com/2010/03/my-first-blog-award.html

Draffin Bears said...

Oh what absolute fun Sharon.
Love the 1930's look ~ you look wonderful and that must have been a great day at work.
I too, love to dress up, if there is ever an occasion.

Happy weekend
Hugs
Carolyn