Monday, March 29, 2010

Lovely Lavender

mar29-3

This past weekend, I was able to spend time working on an art project. We had gorgeous warm and sunny spring weather although I must admit I spent more time inside than outside. Miss Gracie hates it when I leave the house. How can one little kitty create so much guilt?

mar29-1

Naturally, she was by my side as I pulled out various ribbons, trims, papers and vintage findings. Oh, which ones to use and where to apply them? Decisions, decisions… we made our selections after much deliberation.

mar29-2

We had a grand time gluing and cutting before she led me to the bedroom where she could nap under the covers while I sorted and caught up on some magazines. Miss Gracie stayed napping under those covers until she heard me open the popcorn bag in the kitchen (I had to tiptoe out of the room as she is not happy when I leave her). Once she heard that sound, she came running as fast as her little legs could carry her, in the hope that she would get a kernel or two. Popcorn, pastry crust and butter are her favorite non-feline foods. Of course, I gave her just one kernel!

mar29-4 

Have a lovely spring week!

 

6 comments:

Diva Kreszl said...

I just love Miss Gracie...popcorn :) my kitty loves oreo cookies, no other!

Karen said...

FINALLY! Blogger got their act together!
Love the purple! And yes, our pets do have a way of looking up at us and just making us melt . . . :)
Glad your birthday was LONG and happy!
:) Karen

T's Daily Treasures said...

Glad to hear you've been enjoying your time crafting and relaxing with Miss Gracie. I woke up at 2 am to find that Jingles had been left out on the balcony. Oops! She was none too happy about that. Dates and avocados are her favorite non-feline foods. Silly cat! Hope you have a great rest of the week. :) Tammy

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

I love all the pretty purples and ribbons and bits and bobs ~ it is such a beautiful colour.
Glad that you have had some time to do your craftwork and spending time with Miss Gracie.
I would never have thought a cat would eat popcorn.

Hope that you are enjoying your week
Hugs
Carolyn

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Lavender always makes me think of spring!

cindy said...

prettttty!

-c
yapping cat