Thursday, March 11, 2010

Flea Market Finds

mar10-1

Last month, I went to a smaller flea market in Palo Alto. It was actually more like a big garage sale, but I liked the smallness of it. It was definitely low key compared to the giant one I usually go to in Cupertino. I bought this tin of vintage style labels to play with – I love the vibrant colors.

mar10-3

A little assortment of glass buttons caught my eye and begged to be added to my new button collection. And any rhinestone earring, especially one that has lost its mate, also calls my name.

mar10-4

I’m always looking out for French themed items. This may be a military book, but I found it quite interesting.

mar10-5

About eight inches long, this metal scroll had “Sharon” written all over it. It’s a bit heavy and I’ve yet to hang it, but it certainly is pretty.

mar10-6

And now for the Pièce de résistance: The antique button collection!

mar10-7

Some of these buttons go back to the late 1800’s. My favorite vendor who I buy my bags of broken jewelry from had several of these that she had just purchased from a collector’s estate. There were so many fabulous and beautiful buttons. I paid way more than I wanted to (or probably should have) but I simply could not resist these. I had so much trouble deciding which cards of buttons to buy, I wound up purchasing my two favorite ones.

So this Saturday is the next flea market (I missed the big one last weekend) and it’s decision time. Go, spend more money and bring more items home, or skip the (ever so fun) flea market and spend the time utilizing what I’ve already bought. Or, I could clean the house, go to the farmer’s market, read a good book, try a new recipe or have some creative play time. Well, I haven’t convinced myself one way or the other yet, but I still have one day to decide! If you were me, what would you do?

7 comments:

raggygirlvintage said...

I would go!! Who knows what treasures you might pass up if you don't! You'll always make the time to create when you are feeling really inspired:-)
Tracey

Diva Kreszl said...

oh such wonderful finds...please take me with you next time!!!

Karen said...

Hmmmmm . . . decisions decisions.
Shop? Sew? work on swaps? LEARN HOW TO DO MY PHOTO FRAME THAT I BOUGHT!!! (hehehe) Clean? Put up Easter decor? Rose Bowl Flea Market on Sunday?
No clue- I'm home alone this weekend and just going to do as I please!
Love, love those buttons! Oh goodness!
Have a great day! Karen

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Do you have to ask what I think you should do?
Just to remind you then...
Take your camera and bring me to the flea market with you! ;)
You don't have to buy anything at all...just go look, enjoy the sunshine and come home feeling refreshed. Then you can sit and create something with your previous found goodies and call it a great day!
That's what I think!!!!!!
:)

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

oh....what ever you decide to do...have fun!!!!
:)

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

And have a good weekend!!!!!!

GWENDOLYN said...

I don't blame you... who could resist all those buttons? Love the old ones best.
Thank you for your kind and encouraging words on my post.
Blessings always!
Gwen