Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Few Favorite Shops

mar23-1

Everyone has their favorite shops. Two of my favorite ones occasionally mail postcards to announce special events and holiday happenings. At Shelby’s Garden in San Carlos and The Holiday House in Burlingame, everything in those stores is inspirational. From house decor to ribbons and jewelry; furnishings and faux food to the most incredible window displays.

When I visit those stores, I want to buy everything. I might buy a few things or just browse to fill up my creative well. More often than not, I’m just browsing but it feels so good to be in such a creative environment.

Each summer, Shelby’s Garden has a parking lot sale where they sell past merchandise as well as display items. I love to peruse all of it looking for bargain treasures. A great find in past years was a pair of orange French fishing chairs. You never know what you might find!

4 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

Always good to have shops that you enjoy looking around ~ I have a few over here, that I like to browse around.
I hope that you see some lovely wares.

Hugs
Carolyn

June said...

I have a few favorite shops like that too Sharon. Just go and take in all the inspiration, buy a little something special, and wait for the next postcard announcement to show up. They are usually the sweetest shops I take in.
hugs

T's Daily Treasures said...

Beautiful little postcards. I love quaint, cozy shops that are just full to the brim with lovely little treasures. Of course, over here, what we find is quite different from what can be found in the States. Still, I have my favorites. Thanks for stopping by my corner of the world. I hate going to the doctor but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. Take care! :) Tammy

GWENDOLYN said...

Thats nice that they send out cards to remind you. the cards themselves are cute! I hope you share what you buy with us.
Blessings!
Gwen