Sunday, February 7, 2010

Valentine’s Week is Here

feb6-13

Hello dear friends,

With so much talk of Valentine’s Day approaching, it’s now just one week away. Yesterday, my Miss Gracie was like a toddler clinging to me all day. So I decided to make her happy (after all, isn’t cat happiness the most important thing?) and stay home with her. In honor of Valentine’s Day, I looked around my house for objects of desire to photograph that fit with a Valentine theme.

feb6-21

While photographing the bowl of red roses, you-know-who was following me and decided she should be in the photo, too. It turned out to be a great day to snap pics of her, as she very politely sat and posed for me for quite some time.

feb6-20

After we finished our photography session, Miss Gracie led me upstairs to “our” bedroom where she likes to play. We played her favorite mousie-pole game until I got tired of it!

feb6-19

Then, as I sat down at the computer, she jumped inside the desk to nap nearby me. My MIss Gracie is just a nut, or a “butternut” as I like to call her.

feb6-3

Well, back to Valentine’s Day. We, or I should say I, did manage to get some photos of pink and red objects including one of my favorite chocolate bars called Chocolove. Mmmmmm… this is smooth,velvety chocolate that makes me swoon. Not only do you get the chocolate bar, but you also get a love poem inside.

feb6-4

Underneath the wrapper was this poem by Elizabeth Barrett Browning. Chocolove has several flavors but I can highly recommend Raspberries in Dark Chocolate. It’s perfect for Valentine’s Day.

I’ll be posting more of my Valentine’s Day themed photos throughout the week. The most exciting part though is I will be receiving my Vintage Valentine fabric fat book from the swap. Sarah of Gypsy Mermaid has completed the books and will be mailing them on Monday. She says they are beautiful and “FAT!!” so I can’t wait to see it and share it with you, too.

5 comments:

dena miller said...

Sharon,
Your pictures are beautiful.....Miss Gracie is beautiful too!!! Hope you have a magically beautiful valentine's day!!
xoxo

GWENDOLYN said...

Beautiful pictures! I love that your Miss Gracie is in the shots.
Blessings!
Gwen

Hope said...

Hi Sharon~
Oh Gracie is sooo sweet. I especially love the one by the roses. Thanks so much for posting on my blog...it really means the world to me. The match boxes were so fun to make. One of my favorite swaps ever.
XO~Hope

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

Love your little dear friend heart and the photo of Miss Gracie and gorgeous roses.
That raspberry chocolate will be yummy.

Happy Valentines Day
Hugs
Carolyn

T's Daily Treasures said...

Gorgeous photos! Miss Gracie was certainly striking a pose on this day! How nice to stay home and just play. It's been so crazy here lately that I haven't had as much time to blog hop and visit with everyone. I am sooooo looking forward to those scrumptious valentine fat books. Have a great day! :) Tammy PS that chocolate bar sounds delish, and how sweet to find a poem inside