Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Valentine Cupcake for Miss Gracie

feb18-1

Last Saturday, my sister Tina and I went to the flea market in Palo Alto. It was a great location at Palo Alto High School across from Stanford University. And directly across the street was a shopping center with, get ready for this… a cupcake store! While I used my willpower to resist, Tina willingly gave in to one of her favorite desserts. However, I insisted she bring it home so that I could photograph it before she ate it.

feb18-2

But what’s that? Miss Gracie said, “you have a cupcake?!” I don’t know who loves them more, Tina or Miss Gracie. Tina is always happy to share so she gave Miss Gracie first licks.

feb18-3

Yum! This is Gracie heaven.

feb18-4

Oh, did I mention this was a Meyer Lemon cupcake?

feb18-5

I had never seen Gracie lick the frosting so fast and furiously as she did this time. Who knew she had a thing for lemon?

feb18-6

Oh, boy, did she really love her sweet Valentine cupcake. Um, I mean Tina’s Valentine cupcake.

feb18-7

Finally, I had to take it away from her because I was afraid eating so much frosting would not be good for her. So now the whole other side of the frosting was missing!

feb18-8

Now that Miss Gracie has finished, it’s time to clean up.

feb18-9

So, Miss Gracie hopped near the window for a little kitty bath.

feb18-10

But wait, what’s that? A bird flying by? A bug?

feb18-11

No matter, I must continue my bath. Got to get all that Meyer lemon taste off of me.

feb18-12

Yes, this was one happy cat last weekend. I was happy, too. A fun day at the flea market, brunch at Hobee’s, a tour through Paper Source and a cupcake for all. I can’t wait to show you my flea market finds!

11 comments:

Karen said...

Hey there.
My niece works at Stanford. I wonder if she knows about the flea markets . . . but she LIVES in San francisco. Yes =- I know - it's a huge commute but she WANTS to live in the city.
I'm thinking I need to have another girl's weekend in San Fran with my niece!!!! :)
Miss Gracie is just too cute. Look at her licking the frosting. YUM!
HAGD! Karen

Jodie LeJeune said...

Hi Sharon!!!
I stayed up late...past midnight tonight to be the FIRST friend to wish you...

A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY!!! (Friday, 19th)

(you KNOW I love you if I'm up this late! haha)

Plus as an added bonus, I've been getting caught up on your blog for the week. Celebrating Mardi Gras had taken it's toll on me but I think I'm back to normal...whew! ;)

That is so sweet of Tina to share her cupcake with Miss Gracie. And very VERY sweet of her to wait for you to photograph it! Me? NeVeR!!! haha

Well, it's officially Friday, and your birthday so I'm sending you a huge birthday wish of fun and hope today is all about SHARON!!!!!

Love ya much~
me @ everything vintage

ps...I have a little something for you and I hope to send it out to you before the month of February is over. I'm so pitifully late...and sorry!!! ;)

Jodie LeJeune said...

pss...the comment time is still showing Thursday, the 18th but I'm two hours ahead of you here in Louisiana!!!! haha

T's Daily Treasures said...

I thought I would be the first one to wish you a happy birthday but Miss Jodie beat me to the punch. I'm way ahead of ya'll when it comes to time zones. That crazy girl! Anyways, wishing you all the best for this day and every day. Hope you have lots of fun and celebrate in a most wonderful way. I don't normally eat sweets from outside, but that lemon cupcake is sounding delicious. I love lemon anything. Happy Birthday Sharon! Have a fabulous day. Blessings, Tammy

IsabellasCloset said...

Sharon, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you have a great day..
What a fun post! Gracie is just adorable. I bet she brings much joy yo you life..
Your blog is always so beautiful! I love all the frames you use around your photos.
Blessing to you, sis Tina & Gracie
~Mary~ :-}

Julia - "Vintage with Laces" said...

Hi Sharon! I'm over from Tammy to wish you
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Have a wonderful day! Hopefully you get spoiled with wonderful gifts!
Hugs,
Julia

GWENDOLYN said...

Who could blame miss Gracie from taking her licks at the lemon confection? I hope Tina did get some of it.
Blessings!
Gwen

dena miller said...

Hi Sharon,
So I see today is your Birthday...Happy Birthday to you! I must tell you that Miss Gracie is such a beautiful cat...OMG She is really elegant..and extreamly photogenic! Hope you have a great day!
BTW, I have a kitty that also enjoys cupcakes. Email me at denakmiller@comcast.net and I'll share a cute pic.

June said...

Sharon I think this has got to be the cutest post ever! Miss Gracie is such a dainty little cupcake eater. What a gorgeous kitty you have my dear.
hugs

Draffin Bears said...

Happy Birthday, dear Sharon. I hope that you are having a wonderful and happy day.
Love the photos of Miss Gracie licking the icing on the gorgeous cupcake ~ I would be doing the same if I got the chance.

Have a very happy weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Jane said...

Read that it was your birthday so I wanted to stop by for a visit and wish you a very Happy Birthday!
Jane