Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I’m Back!

feb24

Did you miss me? ;-) My computers have been gone since last Sunday as I was having files transferred from the PC to the Mac. Now that they are all there, I can move from my sloooooow PC to the Mac but I need to find an alternative to Live Writer. I love using Live Writer instead of Blogger to create my posts and have been spoiled by it. If you use a Mac, I’d love to hear what program you use to create your posts. I’m still a little lost since the last time I had a Mac was in the late 1980’s. Oh gosh, that was over 20 years ago!

feb24-3

Well, since last weekend, my birthday has continued. When I got to work on Monday, my office was decorated all over in pink crepe paper, carousel style. I loved it so much, I declared that I am leaving it up all year long! I did have to remove it from my phone, computer and mouse though as it got a little difficult working with all that paper. I continued to receive good wishes and even a dozen beautiful pink/white roses. And tonight, I had a special birthday package waiting for me that the mailman had delivered. However, I am going to pull a “Jodie” and not open it just yet. Actually, I did open the top flaps but I stopped there until I can photograph it and savor the moment. Since I got home late tonight, it will have to wait just a bit. Then I promise to share it with you.

feb24-2

Part of my birthday fun last weekend was a little shopping. I found these super cute shoes and just had to have them. I think it’s the bows I love so much, although I can always use a pair of flats. Nipper loves these, too. Tonight I caught her with a paw in one while she rubbed against them. Then she sat hen-style on top of them with her front legs tucked under her, happy with her new find. Do you think it’s the animal print that attracted her? Well, she does have a thing for shoes and purses. I often have to apologize to guests as she rubs all over their purses. It’s like catnip to her! Funny girl, that Nippy is.

5 comments:

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Welcome Back Sharon!!!!
You can't stay away that long again. And having a birthday is NO excuse! I missed you :)
Those girls at work sure know how to spoil a birthday girl...and in PINK no less!!!
I'm so happy you had a wonderful day, weekend and week ... and MONTH!!!
Glad to have ya back~

June said...

Yes you were missed. You really are the sweetest thing, and it looks like everyone at work loves you too. I'd definitely keep it up. I love the shoes.I hope Nippy lets you wear them once in awhile.
hugs

Marydon Ford said...

G'day Sharon ! WOW! What a lovely celebration for you, that was so sweet! We did miss you & are so glad you are back ... after such a wonderful birthday.

Love the shoes!
Have a beautiful day ~
Hugs, Marydon

Draffin Bears said...

Welcome back Sharon ~ I am glad that you were able to transfer your files from PC to Mac.
I use Mac and blogger.
Unfortunately my Mac crashed and I lost all my files, and photos, so I was one sad Lady.
Glad that you are enjoying the birthday month and love your new shoes.

Have a great weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Deb Harvey said...

What a great Birthday! I can't wait to see what was in your package!

Great shoes...Nipper has good taste too!