Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Few Valentine Pretties

feb4-b

Valentine’s Day is inching closer. Remember that Valentine cupcake I was going to purchase at Whole Foods Market to photograph? Well, when I went back last weekend, they had changed the frosting design and it wasn’t the pretty one I had seen the week before. So, I didn’t buy one and left a bit disappointed. In the meantime, I looked around my home and found some other things to photograph with the Valentine theme.

feb4

Can you see the red glitter that covers this sign? It’s so much more sparkly in person, especially when it catches the light. I keep this up all year long (just like many of my Christmas decorations!). Holidays should not be kept to one day; let’s let the joy of each one permeate our lives all year long. Every day deserves to be special!

FEB4-C

7 comments:

jenny holiday said...

Ohhh I couldn't agree more!!! A perfect motto for life!!! :)

Everyday IS a HOLIDAY!! :)

xoxo Jenny Holiday

T's Daily Treasures said...

So true! I still have up the PEACE banner I crocheted for Christmas. It's red which is the color in my tv room so why not??!! Have a great day! Weekend has just begun. :) Tammy

June said...

Sharon, I do adore how you spread the love around your home. You're so right, some holiday decor is just to special to take down.
hugs

Geralyn Gray said...

I agree......but, Valentines is my favorite to decorate.....I forgot what great decorations I found last year.....but, I do love that saying to make every day a holiday.

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

I love all your pretty Valentine decorations and I am with you there ~ every day should be special.

Happy weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Your images are so lovely but the last truly captured my heart for its sweeting moving message.

GWENDOLYN said...

I like that thought , make everyday a holiday. We tend to treat everyone with a little more kindness and love on those days.
Blessings!
Gwen