Saturday, February 20, 2010

And a Sweet Birthday It Was

feb19-1

Yesterday, my sister Tina took me out to lunch for my birthday as is our little tradition. I think she was more excited as she had been asking me for weeks where I wanted to go. A day and a half before my birthday, I finally decided on SweetTeas, a lovely little tea shop and restaurant.

feb19-2

I know I said this before, but I love my iPhone. Once again, I took it out and began snapping photos.

feb19-3

It was a perfect day. The weather was grey, the tea room yellow and cheery.

feb19-4

Each table had a lovely centerpiece and there were little white twinkle lights on all around. To the right of our table is a gorgeous faux fireplace. But best of all…

feb19-5

I got my very favorite table in the restaurant situated next to the faux fireplace. On one side is a chair and on the other (where I sat), is a cushy floral chair. I’m not quite sure what type of chair it is, but it is almost big enough for two people but not quite a loveseat. And here we sat for almost two hours as we enjoyed a leisurely lunch.

feb19-6

Everything is served on their fine China, so dainty and pretty.

feb19-7

Totally fou fou, totally my style.

feb19-8

I selected organic peach apricot tea, while Tina chose the white chocolate black tea. Mmmmmmm, it smelled so good!

feb19-9

When our server brought out our food, she had put a birthday candle in my petite banana caramel cake. I also had a petite cream puff.

feb19-10

But before we got to dessert, we had a pear almond salad served along with warm, yummy savories.

feb19-11

The pesto chicken sandwich was delicious, but we both loved the tomato and melted cheese sandwiches, too.

feb19-12

Who knew the fruit salad would be so beautiful in the middle of February?

feb19-13

On our way out, we perused the items in the shop. I was eyeing this little mannequin but it was a display prop for the jewelry. Too bad, or she would have come home with me!

It was a great birthday yesterday. I took the day off work (of course, doesn’t everybody?) which made for a three day weekend. After lunch, we did a little shopping at Marshall’s and Target. Later, I tried taking a photo of Miss Gracie and me but that was not too successful. She just refuses to have her picture taken with me!

Feb-19199-copy

Here’s the picture I wound up with as she was just too squirmy when I tried to hold her. As luck would have it, she jumped up on the chair so I just sat next to her so we are both in the photo.

I received many good wishes throughout the day from friends and family through the mail, phone and online. Thank you to each of you for your birthday wishes – I so appreciate it!

10 comments:

Diva Kreszl said...

Oh what a perfectly lovely place for a birthday lunch, and the menu looks divine! Happy Birthdayand and give Miss Gracie a kiss for me.

Marydon Ford said...

Happy wishes ... what a wonderful day you had.
Love the presentation of the foods.

Have a beautiful weekend.
Hugs, Marydon

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

I was so happy to see that you had the perfect birthday lunch, looks like a special and fun place to go. I love the photo of the food, made me feel hungry.
Great photo of you and Miss Gracie.

Enjoy the rest of your birthday weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Jodie LeJeune said...

What a WONDERFUL birthday Sharon!
I don't think there was anything else you could have asked for to make a better day....except...me being there! hahaha ;)
Glad you enjoyed your day and I've still been thinking of you all weekend. (and catching up on my sleep from staying up past midnight to send your wishes!) ;)

You still have 8 days left of your Birthday Month so keep celebrating!!!!
everything vintage

Hope said...

Oh what a sweet birthday lunch. I am so excited we are in the tussie mussie swap together. I LOVE cones...I live right by our regional recycling center and get oodles of cones there. They are free because a textilery donates them. Artist...pre-schools...and churches love to get their hands on them. I can't wait to see what every one comes up with too! Happy belated birhtday...hope it was spectacular!
XO~Hope

Deb Harvey said...

What a wonderful Birthday lunch! Your tea house reminds me of our Mrs. B's Teas. Always a perfect time and amazing treats!

Happy Birthday!
Deb

T's Daily Treasures said...

Looks like an absolutely perfect day. I've been with my cousin Gwen and Aunt Elaine to a place like that near them in Michigan -- we had a lovely lunch that was similar -- and we also got to don hats and scarves as we pretended to be in the Victorian era. HA! Glad you had a great birthday. Jingles is very fussy about saying cheese for the camera. When she sees me aiming, she always turns away. I have to get her in just the right mood. Silly cats. Have a great day today ... and every dy. Best wishes, Tammy

RoyalTLady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RoyalTLady said...

Great birthday lunch it was ... you certainly deserved it and I enjoy your great snaps...

Happy Belated Birthday.

dena Miller said...

Sharon,
Sounds as if you had a lovely Birthday Celebration. ...as alway, your pictures are so beautiful. I appreciate your amazing dedication and work to your blog posts.
xoxo,
Dena