Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Vintage Valentine Fabric Fat Book Swap Peek

jan12-1

I’m excited to be participating in the Vintage Valentine Fabric Fat Book Swap. Sarah, of Gypsy Mermaid, is the swap hostess who put this together with a little help from our Miss Jodie of everything vintage.

jan12-2

There are nine of us participating which means we each make nine of the same pages, front and back.

jan12-4

I’ve decided to go with the traditional color red although I can definitely see many other color schemes that would be wonderful, as well. The red will be complemented by some neutral colors making it appear in more vintage style.

jan12-5

And of course, the traditional rose will be included on my pages.

jan12-6

Perhaps a little golden heart would be sweet, too.

I have to send my pages in this week. Once Sarah receives them from everyone, she will add her page and covers to them, binding it all together. Then, she will mail each of us a completed book to ooh and ah over as we devour each artful page.

Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite holidays although I really haven’t celebrated it much in recent years. But then, February is a favorite month too. In a period of about a week, there is Valentine’s Day, President’s Day (a day off work!) and my birthday. I’ve gotten into the habit of taking my birthday off work and having some “me” time. Even though I’ll be one year older, I think I’m looking forward to February!

6 comments:

T's Daily Treasures said...

I can tell this swap is gonna be fantastic for all! My birthday is February 26th and I'll be another year older, too. :) HA! Look forward to seeing what everyone creates! Have a great day! Tammy

Karen said...

(Squeal!) A teaser! I took my pages with me yesterday to try and get some of the hand sewing done at the hospital, but . . . only worked on one. I now know I cannot concentrate on something like that while I'm stressed.
LOL!
Your pages look gorgeous!
This is my first fabric swap - GOLLY It's stressful! I hope they are up to par! I guess I'll find out!
HAGD! Karen

stephanie said...

Love what you have created...I've never participated in a fat book swap, but I loved the ones I saw @ Silver Bella this year. I'm looking forward to seeing photos of the finished book!

kana said...

I am liking your sneak peaks....show more soon please. Hope you enjoy Feb with all of those days off and a Happy Birthday to you a little earl!

Teacup Mosaics said...

Hi Sharon! Love the sneak peek! I am one of the nine and like you LOVE Valentines day, my bday is also in Feb (21) so it IS a celebration month. Looking forward to your pages revealed. Take care!

GWENDOLYN said...

What a sweet swap! someday I want to jump in on one of those too. I can't wait to see the finished book. Blessings!
Gwen