Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Shall We Dance?

jan18-9

Last summer, when I was perusing the stalls at the flea market, I spotted these two pairs of gently worn Capezio dance shoes at $10 each. As luck would have it, they happened to be my size. Now, can I dance? No. But I’m always on the lookout for costumes because you never know when you’ll need to wear one. Well, at least once a year there is a day for it. I really wanted to buy these shoes at the time I first spotted them. But, I told myself that I shouldn’t spend the money for something I would rarely, if ever, use. Of course, I regretted it later.

jan18-8

Lo and behold, when I went back earlier this month, there they were! I sat down and tried them on and decided that buying them was the right thing to do since I had lived with the regret these previous months. So, now I own two pairs of dancing shoes. And guess what? The cream pair goes wonderfully with the goofy dance dress I bought at a garage sale last summer! So now I have a costume for my next event which just happens to be in February. I'm thinking of going as the Jolly Green Giant's wife; what do you think? I just need to make a matching hat!

One project that's been dancing around in the back of my head for some time has been to decorate a pair of shoes. I think that's how I justified buying them - they could always be an art project! What I really want is a pair of ballet slippers to decorate, so I'm keeping my eyes out for those at a garage sale or flea market. I've never taken a ballet lesson, but I've loved ballerinas since I was a very small child. Oh, how I would love to decorate those slippers! For now, I'll just be happy with my red and cream dance shoes and picture myself on the ballroom floor as I Dance With the Stars.

5 comments:

caroleemens said...

Hi Sharon:
I love Capezio shoes!!! I wore them growing up because I had a very narrow heel and the soft leather would not blister me : ) I will e-mail you later, my friend.
Hugs
carole

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

I love your new shoes you bought.
I always wanted to be a ballerina too, some of my friends did ballet and I had to learn the piano. sigh.

Happy weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

T's Daily Treasures said...

Very pretty dance shoes. I know that you would take ballerina shoes and turn them into something beautiful. Hope you are able to find some. February is just around the corner. Hard to believe. Have a jolly weekend. Blessings, Tammy

...Miss...Maddie's... said...

The shoes are very inspiring be they for dancing or decorating.
Your kitties are precious too.
Susan

Sheri Howard said...

You don't have to wear those shoes for dancing, wear them with a cute pair of jeans when you need a "pick-me-up" day. Whenever you look down, you will feel happy!