Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ribbons and Roses

jan18-2

More flea market finds… Velvet ribbon in two shades of deep pink – yum! Not vintage, but there is a very large booth that sells every kind and color of ribbon you can imagine. I’m using these to make more bookmarks.

jan18-1

Love these tiny roses… 10 cents a piece in various colors. I chose all pink and red since I was feeling Valentine’s Day at the time. This vendor also has a lot of ribbon and fabric. He had the most gorgeous red fabric covered with three dimensional flowers that were made from the fabric itself. Hard to describe but everyone who stopped by was admiring it. At only $5 a yard, it was a bargain and I so regretted not buying some! And unfortunately, he told me he was going to be gone for about six months or more so I won’t see him again until summer. That’s okay; summer is the best time to visit the flea market.

6 comments:

T's Daily Treasures said...

Sounds like you have a wonderful flea market in your area to visit at any time. That's great! The ribbon is lovely and those little roses are precious. I know that whatever you create, will be beautiful! Have a most fantastic Friday and a great weekend. Blessings, Tammy

debbie said...

HELLO TO YOU AND THE BEAUTIFUL MISS GRACIE,
I HAVE 3 HANDSOME BOYS WHO WANT ME TO TELL HER MEOW,
THAT WOULD BE SPACEY,ANDY, AND WELL, WALKER, IS A BIT SMALL YET BUT HE IS GROWING AT A FAST SPEED...HE WILL BE GOING TO HAVE HIS TONSILS OUT SHORTLY IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN...OR THAT'S WHAT WE HAVE TOLD HIM.
THE PICTURES OF THE VELVET RIBBON AND THE ROSES ARE SOOOOO VERY PRETTY WITH THAT BLACK EDGING ALL AROUND THE PICTURE....SO VERY PRETTY TO LOOK AT...LOOKS LIKE PICTURES YOU WOULD SEE IN A MAGAZINE.
I WISH THERE WAS SOMEONE AROUND HERE TO BUY VELVET RIBBON FROM.
LOVE YOUR BLOG.
I DON'T KNOW IF I HAD STARTED MY NEW BLOG WHEN I JOINED YOUR BLOG WAY BACK BUT IT IS CALLED SIMPLY DEBBIE AND I WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO STOP BY.
A GRACIE ANN PECK AND A HUG AROUND THE NECK
SIMPLY DEBBIE

Christine said...

Oh divine!!! Love the ribbon and roses, know what you're using the roses for yet? I caved and bought fabric for a quilt-along last week. So much for just trying to use my stash. But in my own defense, it is the first quilt I have ever made FOR myself. I've made plenty but never actually kept them, most baby quilts. So I splurged and purchased myself some yummy citrus-y fabrics can't wait! Have a great weekend! Christine :D

GWENDOLYN said...

I just love coming over and looking at your beautiful pictures!
Blessings!
Gwen

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

Two beautiful things, velvet ribbon and roses and you have taken beautiful photos of them.

Have a wonderful weekend, dear friend
Hugs
Carolyn

June said...

The velvet ribbon is beautiful Sharon. I love those colors! I hate the remorse I feel when I pass up something that was meant to be mine. lol Hope he has it when you see him again.
hugs