Sunday, January 24, 2010

My Miss Gracie

jan24

Gosh darn, my Miss Gracie is just the sweetest girl around (sorry Nippy). Oh, how she hates it when I leave the house. I must avoid her gaze or the guilt sets in. She talks to me with her face. Mom, you aren’t leaving, are you? And how happy she is when I return. When she hears the sound of the garage door opening, she runs down the stairs to greet me.

Each morning, sometime between 3 and 5 am, she jumps up on my pillow and waits for me to lift the covers so she can climb inside the bed. She curls up next to me and goes to sleep. When Tina (my sister) wakes up, she runs down the hall to greet her and then meows until Tina walks with her to my bathroom where her food dish is located. She only wants someone to watch her eat momentarily. As if she couldn’t eat by herself!

While I am getting ready for work, Gracie happily rolls around in front of my space heater on her back. Being in front of a warm heater makes her very happy. She gets in goofy positions and then meows for me to notice her. After I leave, she sleeps on the Comcast TV box because it is always warm.

Gracie also loves to talk, and does she ever. In fact, the day we brought her home four years ago this month, Tina wanted to take her back to the SPCA because she was so loud. Of course, I would never return that cute little grey and white fur ball that was now my little kitten.

When I’m working on the computer, she will come over to me, stand on her two back legs and tap me on the back to tell me she wants something. Usually, it is to follow her either to watch her eat or to hang out in my (our) bedroom. She is so smart, I like to tell her she should have been born as a person. It’s just that when she was being created, a mistake was made and she wound up as a cat! If there was such a thing as cat college, she would graduate at the top of her class.

Oh, Nippy is sweet too, but Miss Gracie just has the personality.

7 comments:

Francy said...

Miss Gracie is such a cutie.

Thanks for the link to the stach buster blog. I signed up tonight.

T's Daily Treasures said...

Okay, where is Nippy? Why is Miss Gracie always hogging the spotlight? :) Jingles is very outspoken. She definitely lets us know when her food dish is just about empty. She runs back and forth to the balconies when she wants to go out -- but prefers one over the other and so will run in front of you maniacally until she gets her way, and she doesn't let up. When she wants to be combed, she voices that and will bat my legs if I don't pay attention. And when she wants to be rubbed, she flops herself down in front of you and starts rolling around. Crazy cat! What a wonderful life she has. Have a great week. Tammy

kana said...

Miss Gracie is a pretty girl! I like your flowers...I need to add more to my collection.

June said...

Hi Sharon,
Isn't it wonderful that they allow us to call them ours?
hugs

tales from an oc cottage said...

How funny! I love this! I spend most of the night sleeping in the position that is most comfy for my Sammy!!! What would I do without my furry little angels!

m ^..^

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

Miss Gracie is such an adorable cat and what a darling photo you have taken of her.
My Sister's name is Grace, but we always call her Gracie.

Have a wonderful week
Hugs
Carolyn

Missie/Crafting with Cat Hair said...

Oh how your kitties are so much like mine. Miss Gracie is like my Drusilla (she too loves to sleep under the covers and on the heat vents) and Nippy is just like Daphne. They do make life fun!