Saturday, January 2, 2010

Dessert, Anyone?

iPhone 091

Once again, my trusty iPhone has come in handy at the right moment. I was at Whole Foods Market in Cupertino today and I just had to photograph their most beautiful bakery desserts.

iPhone-178

Their desserts are absolute works of art. Look at the design on top of these cakes.

iPhone-174

Whoopie pie, anyone? I’ve never had one but now I’m sorry I didn’t buy one. Next time I’m there, I will be sure to try one.

iPhone-163

The sweetest gingerbread people adorned this particular dessert.

iPhone-154

The top shelf has wonderful (but pricey) tiny tarts, cannoli, éclairs and more.

iPhone-145

Not only are the desserts decadent, but the colors and embellishments are, too.

iPhone-135

Tiny lemon tartlets with raspberries on top and fruit tartlets look so welcoming.

iPhone-132

Medium sized fruit tarts and desserts for medium sized appetites.

iPhone-126

These are a fun way to ring in the new year. A great dessert for Fourth of July, as well.

iPhone-122

Looks like raspberry mousse… yum!

iPhone-098

Festive, fun cupcakes. I wanted to buy so many desserts just to photograph them but I’m happy I didn’t need to after all.

iPhone-094

I did however buy a small chocolate cake with fruit topping. We could not eat it tonight though, because I have not had a chance to photograph it yet!

iPhone-092

This is the large fruit tart – isn’t it gorgeous?

iPhone-036

If you ever make it to a Whole Foods Market, be sure to visit their bakery just to see these pure works of art. And I dare you to resist just one!

9 comments:

Jodie LeJeune said...

Thanks for making me gain 10 pounds there Sharon...I thought you were my friend...gah! ;)
Delish!!!!
everything vintage

aBohemianMarket said...

Hi Sharon:
I know, I shop with my daughter at Whole Food Markets down here. I use to shop at the Whole Food's on California and Franklin in San Francisco when I lived up there.
I like the one bite lemon tartlets but at $1.89 per bite it is a bit pricey : (
I love your iphone photos!!!
peace & hugs
carole

Kerry McKibbins said...

Wow.
Just beautiful......and yummy!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

What a wonderful selection of sweet treats.
Love them all especially the fruit tart and Gingerbread people.
Haven't the iphones got a really great camera ~ I love mine too, as you have it with you all the time.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

T's Daily Treasures said...

Wow! What a display of fancy treats! Your iphone does take great photos. My husband realized he doesn't need an iphone after all because he will not use all of the functions. He'll settle for a new mobile and will be buying that for himself. :) Have a great day! Tammy

kana said...

It all looks so very good, especially the raspberry dessert. From here, I can resist!

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Oh my, what fancy & yummy looking desserts! I went to a Whole Foods Market when I was visiting my Aunt in Denver and we couldn't pass up their chocolate eclairs. :)

Happy New Year dear Sharon!
Hugs, Carol Anne

maría cecilia said...

So beautiful cakes, Sharon, and your pics are great!!!
Cariños,
Maria Cecilia

cindy said...

Love Whole Foods...such a great place! Gorgeous pics.

-c
yapping cat