Monday, January 4, 2010

Bowl o’ Beauty

jan4-2

Yes, I went to the flea market this past Saturday, but this is from…. Target! I had to browse the Christmas department a few days after Christmas to see what they had left since it was all 50% off. I found this beautiful decorative glass bowl.

jan4-3

It has an aged look where the silver is mottled through; the glass is delicate and thin. How lovely it will look with different items resting inside.

jan4-1

These persimmons would be ideal if only they were not eaten right away!

6 comments:

maría cecilia said...

Good morning Sharon, what a great treasure you found!!! I also enjoy going to flea markets, the best!! and buying 50% off stuff.
Enjoy your beautiful bowl.
Wishing you much happiness and blessings for 2010.
Cariños,
Maria Cecilia

June said...

Hi Sharon,
Don't you just love that place! I try so hard to stay out of there, and when I do go, I try so hard to stay to the right (you know, the toilet paper and cold meds and stuff like that)otherwise I get into serious trouble. The bowl is beautiful and I know that you will fill it with all sorts of lovely things. Maybe some of your awesome art?!

GWENDOLYN said...

I am so loveing that bowl!! I will have to go to Target tomorrow and browse their sales. Blessings!
Gwen

T's Daily Treasures said...

What a great bowl from Target. Love the aged appearance rather than anything flashy and new. Hope you are having a good week. :) Blessings, Tammy

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

What a lovely bowl and I love the way it looks like an antique.
I am sure that you will fill it with something lovely.
Your new header is beautiful ~ I saw that sweet bird when I was looking at the GraphicsFairy the other day.

cindy said...

Gorgeous! What a find!

-c
yapping cat