Monday, December 21, 2009

Sparkly Glitter Ornaments

dec20-8

Some years back, my sister and I bought a bunch of old glass ornaments at Four Paws thrift shop. I had always wanted to glitter some and the time was finally right. You know… so many projects, so little time!

dec20-7

We covered them in glue, then sprinkled different colors and sizes of glitter over them. Of course, my fingers were also glued and glittered by the time we finished!

dec20-8.5

During Christmas, I bring them out and place them in a glass bowl to display.

Unfortunately Four Paws, where I had purchased the ornaments, is no longer in business. It was a great thrift shop that benefitted the local humane society and had tons of inexpensive goods. It was so much fun to treasure hunt there, especially for any holiday. I had even purchased my very favorite garden fairy skirt there. Well, I still have my flea market and garage sales, even if Four Paws is just a (very pleasant)memory.

b b b b b b

5 comments:

June said...

I'll bet you and sis had a great time creating these beauties. I love it when you get the glitter out!
I want to wish you a very merry Christmas friend!
hugs

T's Daily Treasures said...

Such beautiful glittery colors. I made a fairy wand for a friend at school and the glitter was just all over the place so I tend to not use it very much. Maybe I have Jodie tendencies in that regard. HA! I love the way it looks -- and I know your ornaments in the bowl are gorgeous. Too bad Four Paws went out of business. Wishing you a lovely day and much happiness always. Tammy

Jen Kershner said...

Well, clearly you just can't go wrong with glitter and vintage ornaments! Love the colors.

aBohemianMarket said...

Hi Sharon:
I love all the brilliant colors!!!
I bet they are beautiful in the bowl!!!
You have a Great Merry Christmas with your family and your cats!!!
peace & hugs
carole
Happy New Year, too.

Laura @ Cameron Crazy said...

love love love glittery ornaments! and yours are just gorgeous! :) you always just have the best photos. :)