Thursday, December 31, 2009

It’s Almost the New Year’s Holiday

Dec31

I hope everyone is enjoying their New Year’s Eve. I’m planning a simple evening at home, attached to my computer(s) like most nights. Still working on transferring files but I may have to take both computers to Apple on Sunday to have them do it. Don’t you just love holiday weekends? I’m so happy to have another day off although I always have way more to do than I’ll ever get done. But, the monthly flea market is this Saturday and I’m super excited about that since I missed it the last two months. When I last went at the beginning of October, the weather was still warm. It will be a different experience being there in the winter. After the flea market, I have a New Year’s open house party to go to which will be fun. I just need to figure out a switch-a-roo on the clothing since I won’t be coming home between them.

Other than that, I’m especially looking forward to reading my new issue of Somerset Life that I got today. The photos in it just make me swoon. Then, I must get to work on the Vintage Valentine fabric fat book swap that I am participating in. I have lots of items gathered for it but am still in the design phase. Oh, and sometime this weekend I must work on my New Year’s resolutions. Do you have yours yet? Each year, I write mine up and then I look back at the previous year to see how I did. I’m lucky if I get to half of them but then again I know it is always an ambitious list. Still, it’s good to reflect and know what your goals are for each year. How will you spend your holiday weekend?

Oh, the pansies above belong to my neighbor. He has a beautiful little patch of pansies in front of his house that I admire each day as I drive by. So nice to have pansies all year long!

5 comments:

aBohemianMarket said...

Happy New Year Sharon:
I am at home : )
I will write my list in the morning and will spend my 1st day of the new year taking photographs to list vintage findings on Etsy.
Pansies give me pleasant thoughts of my childhood; my Mom loved Pansies : )
Take care and cheers to all of you!!!
peace & hugs
carole

T's Daily Treasures said...

Happy New Year Sharon! We could barely stay awake until midnite last nite. We all sleep early around here, even the kids. A quiet start to the new year. Yesterday was cloudy and drizzly but today is bright and beautiful. We still have two days of vacation -- back to school on Monday, up and out the door before 7 am. Ugh! Have fun with the Valentine swap. I know you will create something beyond beautiful! Blessings, Tammy

kana said...

Happy New Yr to you!

Jodie LeJeune said...

You better have fun at the Flea Market...enough fun for both of us!!!!
And you better get started on those fat books...I'm ALMOST finished with mine!!! And I mean ALMOST! I've been glued to my chair just creating away this holiday weekend...I'm in H.E.A.V.E.N!!!
I love the photo of the pansies...but I cannot stand to say the word "pansy"...it just doesn't feel good rolling off of my tongue. So I'll just say....I love the flowers Sharon!!!!!
:)
everything vintage

Draffin Bears said...

Happy New Year Sharon and Miss Gracie.
The pansies and your new header are lovely.
Wishing you a wonderful year, with much love, happiness, good health and many blessings.
I have enjoyed visiting you here, thank you.

Hugs
Carolyn