Sunday, December 13, 2009

Holiday Gift Making Time

dec13-1 

There’s holiday gifts to make and time is running out. Can you believe how fast the last few months have gone?

Dec13-2

After spending some time collecting fun pieces from the flea market, antique store, second hand store and garage sales, I finally have an assortment to choose from for my art.

dec13-3

Some of these beauties are being used for this set of gifts which I almost finished tonight.

dec13-4

Add some charms that were just waiting for a new home and I’ve been able to create some combinations that go together really well.

dec13-5

And of course I’m loving that I get to use velvet ribbons for these gifts.

dec13-6

My table was covered with my tools, embellishments, jewelry findings, ribbons and more. The more is Miss Gracie of course!

dec13-8

This is Gracie making her plan before she sat smack dab in the middle of all the velvet ribbon strips, before she swiped the beads and before she tried to pick the ribbon up in her mouth and chew! Not to worry, all items (and Miss Gracie) are intact and waiting for final touches. Number 1 would be removing the Gracie fur with tape… and they are almost ready to wrap. Only 27 more items to go on my to-do list!

9 comments:

T's Daily Treasures said...

Everything is lovely and beautiful! Jingles was climbing into all the boxes as I took out the trees and ornaments. My husband scared the bajeebers out of her when he smacked the big box she was in. Poor kitty! Have fun getting everything done. :) Tammy

GWENDOLYN said...

I love your bookmarks. They look so rich and elegant. I see my cousin Tammy just beat me to the comments. Blessings!
Gwen

Marydon Ford said...

Absolutely wonderful designs, everyone would love these.

Merry Christmas, TTFN ~ Marydon
**NEW BLOG** blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

How beautiful and what lovely gifts you are making.
Very clever and so is Miss Gracie ( funny how they like to sit right in the middle of everything.)

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

icandy... said...

I just love what you are creating, Sharon!
Kitty must love those, too!
Hugs,
Christina

sew revived said...

Too pretty! Love the way velvet ribbon looks. Your lucky gift receivers are going to LOVE them!!
Sandy

Jodie LeJeune said...

Oh Sharon, these will make wonderful gifts. I've made several and EVERYONE loves them. They sure can make any book or magazine totally beautiful sitting on a table!!!
Have fun creating and be sure to give Miss Gracie credit too ;)
everything vintage

kana said...

They turned out great! Looks like a fun project. Now I want to make some.

June said...

I've never seen a table so full of goodness Sharon. And I do mean Miss Gracie too!
hugs