Sunday, December 20, 2009

Gracie, the iPhone Cat

dec20-16-iphone

One of the things I love about my iPhone is the ability to take photos on the fly when I don’t have my “real” camera. The resolution is lower as it’s a 3 megapixel camera but I’m finding many of the photos look pretty good. I have 138 photos on it currently but a high percentage of those are of you-know-who.

Today I spent part of the day practicing some new photo editing techniques and I finally loaded my iPhone photos onto my computer. The photo of Miss Gracie above is one of the those. She happened to be in my Whole Foods Market holiday grocery bag (I bought it last year – it was bright pink and it’s my favorite grocery bag) that was on the kitchen table when I took this photo. I added a texture and frame to it; not too bad for a phone camera.

dec20-1

I added a texture to this poinsettia photo to give it an aged look.

dec20-2

I did the same to this photo but also adjusted some of the color so it’s a bit brighter. This is a large, very beautiful poinsettia that my staff gave to me when they arrived for the end-of-year party last Thursday. It’s just gorgeous and looks wonderful in front of my house.

dec20-3

They also brought me this winter white bouquet of flowers. So pretty, and so far Nipper has not taken a bite (that I know of!).

dec20-4

I did put up some decorations last week, but I don’t have a tree anymore as I donated it some years back when I was doing major reorganizing. Now I’m in the mood to get a tree again; I think I’ll see what’s left over after Christmas in the stores so I have one for next year. Some years I just don’t have the time or energy to decorate but I’m so inspired after seeing the beautiful decorations you’ve all been posting on your blogs!

d

4 comments:

T's Daily Treasures said...

I've used my regular mobile when I've forgotten my camera and it actually does take pretty good photos. I would like to try some photo techniques but I know I would get all wrapped up in it for hours and hours. That poinsettia is gorgeous! Good luck finding a tree just righ for you. Wishing you a wonderful day. Holiday blessings :) Tammy

Natasha Burns said...

Sharon your pics turned out great, especially for a phone!
Love the editing, you've done a fab job. Have a lovely Christmas and I hope you find a tree you love at the sales :)

sew revived said...

You are such a talented photographer. I wish any of my pictures would look so great! Love the beautiful flowers from your staff. Oh, and Miss Gracie too, of course!

Laura @ Cameron Crazy said...

what pretty photos! i just am dying to get an iphone. i have seen cool apps you can get to edit photos too. :)