Monday, December 7, 2009

German Glass Glitter, Oh My

Dec7-1

Pink, mauve and blue, oh heart be still. (BTW, If your name is Jodie, you may skip ahead lest you get a “glitter allergy” attack!). Yes, I have been acquiring German glass glitter in new and exciting colors. It doesn’t matter that I haven’t used them yet, nor do I know when I will. For now, it’s just enough to gaze upon these wonderful items in their quaint shakers and think of possibilities.

Dec7-2

I’m actually thinking of adding some glitter to the cupcake I bought from Whole Foods this weekend. After all, Miss Gracie has already taken a lick out of the frosting tree and I’m certainly not going to be eating it. However, I need to have daylight to photograph it but I think it will stay fine in the refrigerator until this weekend when I get a chance to play. Yes, I most definitely think I will glitter up the cupcake! Or, perhaps some mica flakes. Oh, the possibilities! 

8 comments:

Jodie LeJeune said...

Glitter a real cupcake? Ok Sharon...I've heard it all now...nothing else can surprise me now! haha {I knew that stuff was bad for people's minds!!!!} ;)
I must admit though...your glitter colors are gorgeous!!!!

Lonesome for ya~
everything vintage

Frippery said...

I could be happy just looking at that glitter. I am surprised Jodie is taking this so well. I thought glitter on food would send her right around the bend. Perhaps there is hope for her to embrace glitter some day? Pam

T's Daily Treasures said...

Glitter and Jodie are not usually used in the same sentence. HA! She may just come around yet. German Glass Glitter is something I've never seen. I don't know if I can get it in this country. If not, I will have to definitely look for these things next time I am in the States. Hope you are having a fantastical day! :) Tammy

sew revived said...

Hi Sharon!
Love those colors! Don't let Jodie fool you. She handles GLASS glitter very well, it's the plastic stuff she's allergic to.
Sandy

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Hi Sharon, Such beautiful colors!!! I have silver, but after seeing yours I think I need those colors too! :) Ohhhhh, and the dress form looks absolutely stunning also!!
Have a lovely evening and day tomorrow~
Hugs, Carol Anne

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

I adore the colours of your new glitter, looks so pretty in the glass shakers.
I look forward to seeing what delightful projects you put it on.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

GWENDOLYN said...

I love glitter too! Can't wait to see the glittered cupcake. Blessings!
Gwen

Karen said...

A woman after my own heart. I too have been collecting the German GLass glitter - but . . . having really messed up my fingers one time - am content to just gaze at all the wonderful colors. It is just so pretty! I know I'll use it - for just the right project - but for now - just collecting!
Very fun! And very pretty!
HAGD! Karen