Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Blue Rose on a Grey Day

Dec6-2

Today, I finished this blue silk rose which I had promised to Carole’s daughter Shana. She had asked for a blue one after she saw the red one I had sent to Carole some months ago. It took me a while to get to it, with so much going on (largely getting ready for Silver Bella) in the past few months. But, I promised that once I returned, I would make it and today was the perfect day. I just love staying in and puttering around the house when it’s a grey day outside. The sun did come out for an hour or so, but luckily it went back behind the clouds again. I didn’t want anything to ruin my perfect “staying in” day!

Dec6-1

Late this afternoon, I wrapped some holiday presents to get off in the mail tomorrow. Since Carole’s computer is down, I can safely post this envelope that I enclosed in the package going to her. I didn’t get to everything on my to-do list today, but I did get a lot done and it felt good. I also photographed the cutest cupcake today as well, which I will post this week. That baker at Whole Food Market just makes the most spectacular cupcakes. Not sure how it tasted as I didn’t eat it but you can be sure Miss Gracie got her licks in!

6 comments:

T's Daily Treasures said...

It's also a gray day here, but I am at work. Wish I could be home puttering around. I never get days to myself to just be, and do whatever! Your rose is lovely. Your calligraphy beautiful! Glad you are having a productive day! Blessings, :) Tammy

Kerry McKibbins said...

just lovely.

kana said...

loving your pretty roses!!!!

GWENDOLYN said...

That is a beautiful blue rose. Blessings!
Gwen

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

What a pretty rose, and your calligraphy is lovely.
Carole will be really pleased.
What a good feeling having some of your Christmas gifts wrapped and to be able to tick off, your to do list.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Hi Sharon, Oh I just love your beautiful blue Rose, Carole's daughter will be so thrilled!!
Hugs, Carol Anne