Friday, December 18, 2009

Annual Marketing Staff End-of-Year Party – Woo Hoo!

dec17-1 Yesterday was the staff party that I host at my house each year for our marketing department. And here are the velvet ribbon bookmarks I made for each person.

dec17-3 You may have seen the Oct/Nov/Dec issue of Somerset Life which inspired me to try this project. Andrea Singarella created such beautiful bookmarks that I knew I had to make some too. And what better time than the holidays?

dec17-4 I loved using the bling to embellish these. It was the perfect project for these lovely pieces.

dec17-6On the other end of the ribbons, I placed charms including hearts, keys and a rhinestone bauble.

dec17-5These are super easy to make; why not make some for the special people in your life?

dec17-8 All of the ladies received one with bling. The two gentlemen received a theme oriented bookmark as I thought the bling was a bit girly. One likes to takes cruises and the other was raised in France, hence the charms used on each.

dec17-9 I had been looking for uses for my chandelier pendants for quite some time so I was happy to use one on here.

dec17-10 I think each person was quite pleased to receive the bookmark.

dec17-11 They were made with love, by me.

dec18-8 

And packaged in little bags with each person’s initial.

dec18

But first, we spent time socializing and noshing before the lunch was served.

dec18-2 Martinelli’s sparkling apple juice was poured as we nibbled on cheeses and crudités. 

dec18-9 

Well, actually, they did while I continued to prepare the luncheon. I was not quite as organized this year as I usually am, so I was running a little behind.

dec18-4 

I made a vegetable lasagna and a butter lettuce salad with blue cheese, mandarin orange segments, toasted hazelnuts and cranberries which I served with rosemary olive oil bread (and olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dipping). Dessert was a strawberry cake made with almond torte cake, whipped cream and strawberries (I didn’t make that but it was delicious!).

dec18-5 

Everyone had  a good time being away from the office for the afternoon.

dec18-6

We are lucky in that we all really enjoy working with each other, have a lot of fun together and support each other.

dec18-7 It's a great way to end the year.

8 comments:

aBohemianMarket said...

Hi Sharon:
I wish I could ahve been a co-worker and enjoyed this luncheon!!!
I love the book marks; maybe one day you will do a tutorial for them since I do not have a clue how to make them : )
Take care. It is always such a joy to peruse your most fabulous blog!!!
hugs
carole

June said...

Hi Sharon,
I'll bet these beautiful bookmarks were such a hit. They are gorgeous girl! You are the cutest thing ever in your darling apron! It looks like you put on a mean party. I'm glad you let us come and take a peek.
hugs

T's Daily Treasures said...

Looks like a wonderful afternoon. The food sounds yummy and the bookmarks are fantastic, for the girls and the guys. Your kitchen and dining area are so cheery and bright. Wishing you a wonderful and relaxing weekend. Holiday blessings, Tammy

Suz said...

Sharon,

I just LOVE your blog so much. I have been a "lurker" on and off...what a terrible term...I will say "visitor." I remember you from Silver Bella and never put you and your blog together.

I was the woman in and out of the wheelchair. I can't wait to return and learned so much that I can apply to next year!

Hope you are having a lovely holiday season...

Suz

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

How lovely to come and take a peek at your end of year Party luncheon. Your home and the food looks wonderful.
The bookmarks are fabulous and how lucky they all were to receive a lovely gift from you.

Happy weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

What beautiful bookmarks. A gift that will surely be treasured.

GWENDOLYN said...

Your bookmarks are stunning. The most beautiful I have ever seen. Blessings!
Gwen

Laura K. Aiken said...

Sharon you did a great job with your bookmarks. So pretty and each one is so individual. I know everyone was delighted.
Blessing for the new year!
Laura.