Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Silver Bella - Part III

Hmmm… Let’s see, where did I leave off? Oh, yes! We were on our way to the Glitter Lounge, hosted by Karla Nathan and three other Bellas.


The Glitter Lounge was truly that! They had a beautiful display set up with cupcakes, champagne, and glittered objects d’art.

While there, I met and chatted with Lisa Kettell, Karla Nathan, Donna Robinson and her best friend, Suz Reaney. Lisa has a new book coming out next year; it was fun hearing about it. Donna and Suz were two delightful gals who have been friends since their college days.

After some fun, drink and cheese, we went down to the opening dinner Thursday evening. They had a beautiful Italian buffet set up and we ate dinner before beginning the evening project (see Monday’s post for more on that). Sometime before dinner, I set out to find Jodie as I had a gift for her. Jodie made me this beautiful book marker. But look at that fabulous packaging with the blingy pink swan -- ooh la la!!



Besides my gift, she had a gift for Miss Gracie too! That was so special. Miss Gracie certainly enjoyed playing with the feathered toys when I came home. Of course, that was after Miss Gracie forgave me for leaving home.

It's really for moi?

Anything with feathers must be batted around.

Once we were through with the evening project, it was time for swaps. The swaps were supposed to start at 10pm, but since we finished the project early, the swaps began shortly thereafter. However, the schedule for the one-on-one swaps began at 10:30pm and my Bee’s Knees swap was to take place at 11:15pm. First, I went to the Shabby Bella Ornament swap to place my items into the bags of the other participants. Then I collected my Holiday Fabric Fat Book, and Vintage Winter Banners, and Inspiration Apron. All the swap hostesses had pretty bags for the participants to place their items in and many had sewn special bags. It felt very festive seeing all the gorgeous art that was created. Above you can see the little art pieces created and sewn onto an apron base for the Inspiration Apron swap.


And here are the pages I received in the bound Holiday Fabric Fat Book swap. Michelle Geller did a beautiful job of binding all the pages with ribbon and adding a fabulous cover.












So there you have the first of the two swaps. I have more to show but I am getting sleepy now and so will continue with this post tomorrow (we'll call it Part III and a half) and show more of my beautiful swaps.

8 comments:

Jodie LeJeune said...

I am lovin' your recap of Silver Bella!!!
I'm so happy Miss Gracie liked her toys...she's such a cutie. She's so photogenic, I'm so jealous of her.
Your photography made my bookmark look so pretty. Thank you! :)
Our Holiday Fat Books are different so it was so interesting looking at yours. I can't wait to see your other swaps.
Now YOU are keeping us in suspense...shame on you Sharon ;)
Catch up on your rest girl...it's a good thing you are still on vacation~ lucky you!
everything vintage

T's Daily Treasures said...

Some people love fat juicy hamburgers. But I don't eat meat -- so I am LOVING that Fat Holiday Fabric Book! So scrumptious! I would just look at it over and over again and surely find something new with each viewing. Jodie's work is always lovely and something to cherish for sure. So much fun to see all that you girls were up to. Best wishes, :) Tammy

Diva Kreszl said...

such a delightful post and a feast for the eyes...thank you!

Jeanneoli said...

The fabric books are the most gorgeous I have ever seen!!!

Draffin Bears said...

thank you so much Sharon for sharing your fabulous photos with us. The holiday Fat books are delightful and what a wonderful keepsake.
I am glad that Miss Gracie got a gift.

have a rest now and we look forward to checking back when you can post.

Hugs
Carolyn

aBohemianMarket said...

Hi Sharon:
What a delightful way you are showing us your Silver Bella experience!!!
What a magical time you had. New friends, great gifts and wondrous memories : )
Thank you for taking time to share with us
Hugs
carole

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Hi Sharon,
Oh it looks like you had such a fabulous & fun time at Silver Bella! Everything in your pictures is just gorgeous!! I am really enjoying your posts about this event, thank you so much for sharing!!
Hugs, Carol Anne

The Vintage Rabbit said...

Thank You for sharing all your wonderful pictures.....the swaps are amazing.....



Have a Happy Thanksgiving Sharon!!


Smiles, Joy~