Friday, November 20, 2009

Silver Bella Part III and a Half

Vintage Sparkle Banner Swap

Yesterday, I opened my Vintage Winter Sparkle Banner Swap items. Shannon Johnson was the hostess and she included this pretty ornament and vintage postcard with our banner pieces.

The theme colors were blue, silver and cream and the pieces match beautifully.

Banner piece by Michelle Early. German glass glitter on zig zag edges with crepe paper rosette on canvas.

Banner piece by Sabrina Sane. Flocked wallpaper bottom piece with glittered house, music paper with German glass glitter edge.

Banner piece by Valita Baxley. Canvas with tulle netting and bling across the top beneath the lace.

Banner piece by Jayne Whitney. Blue felt (double mounted) with felt bird outlined with silver stitching.

Banner piece by Kathy Jacobson. Vintage girl image with fuzzy, fur hat, blue velvet flower and glittered snowflakes.

I'm going to string my banner pieces with ribbon and hang on my wall. These pieces were just so beautiful; I really loved this project.

Shabby Bella Ornament Swap

For the Shabby Bella Ornament Swap, Heather Rowley, the swap hostess, made these beautiful bags for each of us using a vintage handkerchief, pom poms, ribbon and lace. We each deposited our ornaments into the bag.

These are the wonderful treasures I found in my bag. I have to admit though, that I have still not unwrapped them! I have still have to much to go through and am not organized yet. However, once I unwrap them, I promise to post more photos!

Bee's Knees Swap


The Bee's Knees Swap was a one-on-one swap hosted by Wanda Clark. Since I was going to bed late and getting up early, I really didn’t want to wait until 11:15pm for the last swap. I happened to see my swap partner, Joy Campbell, so we agreed to exchange our items then about 10:15pm or so. I really wanted to get to bed and catch up on my sleep! Joy made the sweetest tote bag for me. The only downside was that I did not get to see what the others in the swap had made but I heard that some others also swapped earlier.


Joy and I emailed at the start of the swaps and I told her I wouldn’t mind having a pink item (natch!). Joy wanted pink and silver or black and gold, so I chose the black and gold for the velvet pillow I made for her. Now, back to my bag! The tote base has script writing stamped onto it along with some pink and cream painted stripes.

It has pink ruffles all around it, a beehive pocket sewn on and a bee pin on a pink flower attached to the hive. I love that Joy made it into a pocket.

Isn't this bee and flower wonderful?

There is a beautiful flower with cascading ribbon and lace sewn onto the top. The large flower is just gorgeous, and check out the ruffle that goes all around the bag.

I have a thing for pink flowers so I was totally delighted to see this.

The packaging she created was just beautiful as well. It is a muslin type cloth, sewn pouch style with zig zag edges.

However, it has the most beautiful pink fabric and tulle beribboned flower sewn onto it. Even the bee tag is gorgeous. It is the sweetest bag and I just love it. It’s so girly and just totally me. Thank you, Joy!

Next up: Friday workshops plus the vendor market!

5 comments:

T's Daily Treasures said...

The blue and cream glitter banner is absolutely beautiful. So soft and pretty and in my favorite colors. Everything you received is so scrumptious; homespun and handmade loving goodness. You girls must have thought Christmas came early to Omaha. So much heart and soul put into each gift. That's a true blessing and all to be cherished. Fabulous! :) Blessings, Tammy

aBohemianMarket said...

Hi Sharon:
A treasure trove of lovely creations!!!
You have a lot to organize : )
Have a relaxed weekend.
Hi Miss Gracie : )
hugs
carole

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Hi Sharon, Everything you received is absolutely beautiful beyond words!! I can see that all of the women put their heart & soul into everything they created for one another!!
Your pictures are gorgeous, thanks so much!
Hugs, Carol Anne

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

thank you for sharing all your wonderful creations, the photos are gorgeous.
I am amazed at the talent and love, that has gone into all the gifts. I love the vintage girl with fur hat and the bee and the pink flowers.

Have a great week
Hugs
Carolyn

cindy said...

Everything is just beautiful, but I especially love that beautiful blue banner. Everyone did a wonderful job. Shannon, is a such a sweet gal and talented to, what a great swap!

-c
yapping cat