Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Silver Bella Friday

cigar-box 

More on Silver Bella… On Friday, we started with our workshops. My first one was Rebecca Sower’s Altered Cigar Box. This was one of my favorite classes. The altered cigar box was fun to create and we had ample time to complete this project in the three hours. Rebecca was very sweet and mellow; it was such a nice way to start the classes.

anna1

My second class was Be Our Guest with Anna Corba where we made a book that can be used in any way. Anna had an assortment of beautiful ribbons to choose from to adorn our book, as well as lovely papers.

anna2

Immediately after that, I took Anna’s other class, French Country Holiday, where we made a cone and a wooden hang tag collaged and layered with beeswax. Mine are not quite finished just yet but I’m almost there!

 Aprons

We had a short time before before the vendor market was to begin. The theme for the evening was “Aprons” and just about everyone had on an apron during the evening. Most were embellished with ruffles, ribbon, tulle, or other artsy pieces. From fufu to vintage, there was a wide assortment of fun and fanciful aprons, handmade and purchased, but all unique in their own way.

  buy4

The Vendor Market was a like a holiday wonderland. There were so many vendors with beautiful booths. Unfortunately, I did not take any photos during that time as I had my hands full and there was just so much to see and I could only scan many of the booths.

buy1

I was happy to meet Jenni Bowlin, whose class I had taken last spring online. She had some great finds in her booth including lots of vintage papers, buttons, jewelry and decor. I found some great baubles.

 buy3

Very happily, I got one of the fabulous Kim Caldwell supply totes in my favorite color, pink.

buy5 

Heather of the Speckled Egg had so many things in her booth to create with. I found a ton of ribbons and flowers that were just scrumptious.

 buy6

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All in all, I went home with lots of bits and bobs, including vintage flowers,

buy7

soft and fluffy crocheted flowers (won’t be these cute on scarves and hats?),

buy8

and velvet ribbons.

buy2

Finally, I could not resist these two cute bags from A Bushel and A Peck. I must say the shopping was fab!

Next up: Saturday, our last day.

7 comments:

T's Daily Treasures said...

Great stuff to create with and wonderful things that you made at Bella. Happy Thanksgiving to you! :) Tammy

June said...

Sharon I'm salivating over here and it's not for Thanksgiving. It's for all of the beauties you have shared in this post. This must have been an amazing time.
Hugs,
June

aBohemianMarket said...

Hi Sharon:
Looks like you were able to buy lots of fun items : )
I see you bought the velvet zig zag ribbon; you are the pink girl : )
I have them in black, red and orange : )
The ombre ribbons are gorgeous!
I like the flowers you bought too!!!
Take care
Happy Thanksgiving
hugs
carole

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Hi Sharon, Oh I just love everything you brought home! It is all so beautiful, you will have a lot of fun creating with some of those treasures! I want to thank you so much for stopping by my blog and always leaving your lovely comments, you are such a sweetheart!!
Have a very Happy Thanksgiving and many blessings to you!
Hugs, Carol Anne

kana said...

Hey girlie,

Loving all of your pretties in this post. I didn't even see all of the velvet ribbon, you did well!!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

What a lovely time you are having at Silver Bella, I loved seeing all the delightful things.
I have never seen velvet ric-rac ribbon before.
Great to see you in your pretty apron and all you lovely stuff.

Happy weekend
Hugs
Carolyn

stephanie said...

Enjoyed looking at all your Silver Bella photos. And, especially glad that I got to meet you...