Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Silver Bella Bound

Bella roses for some sweet bella's

Well, here it is midnight and the day before Silver Bella. I've almost finished packing and my goodness... half of my large suitcase is filled with supplies and swap items! Inside this damask bag is my item for the Bee's Knees swap. I just finished it tonight because I kept going back and adding to it. It is a black velvet pillow, embossed with bees. I've added gold trim, a golden silk rose, a sparkly bee and a strip of golden bling. I hope Joy likes it.

In about five hours, I will arise to begin my journey to my first ever Silver Bella in Omaha. It seemed so far off and all of a sudden it's here. I have to admit I'm already a bit exhausted with all the preparation and I know I won't be getting a lot of sleep, but what an extraordinary time it will be! Now, if I can just finish packing...

Miss Gracie has been following me all night and I'm already sad for her as she is going to miss me. I'll get the "treatment" from her when I return as she lets me know that she was not pleased for me to be away. Hopefully, she'll get extra treats and mousie-pole fun to appease her.

When I return, I will post photos of the event. Sometimes I get so involved in taking photos that I miss the actual activity but I hope to accomplish both. Thursday starts off with the Bella Bus Tour at 9:00 am and one of our stops is the largest antique mall in the mid-west. I'm quite excited to see that. After that, lunch and a few more stores before we return. Then, a trip to the Glitter Lounge before the opening reception, dinner and workshop. We'll finish up the night with the swap exchanges which will be very exciting, I'm sure. The next morning we start our workshops bright and early at 8:30 am and have the vendor market in the evening. I must have willpower not to buy too much as I'm sure nothing else will in my suitcase! Well, that's all for now... lots more to come next week!

9 comments:

T's Daily Treasures said...

I know I don't have to say it. I think it is a given! Have a fantastic time! :) Blessings, Tammy

aBohemianMarket said...

Sharon:
Enjoy your time at SB!!! I know I am speaking for all of us "We will miss you" although Miss Gracie is at the head of the line : )
Take care. I await your return : )
Peace & hugs
carole

June said...

Sharon you have an amazing time OK! Your pillow is just beautiful and believe me, it will be adored. Miss Gracie will be so happy you got this little break...maybe.
You make the cutest Fireman (fireperson)
Hugs,
June

Laura said...

Yay! I know you are going to have so much fun. Can't wait to hear about all of your adventures! :)

P.S. Those roses are GORGEOUS!

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

Have a wonderful time away. Love the bee pillow, and Joy will too.
Miss Gracie will be fine, and will love you even more when you come back home.

Hugs
Carolyn

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

Hi Sharon,
Have a fabulous time at Silver Bella! The pillow you made is absolutely stunning, Joy will be so thrilled!!! I loved seeing the things that you have been creating for Silver Bella, they are all so beautiful!!!
Looking forward to hearing about this exciting event when you get back home!!
Hugs, Carol Anne :)

The Vintage Rabbit said...

Everthing is so beautiful!!! Have a super fantastic time!!! My friend Tricia of Vintage bliss is a vendor...tell her hello for me....can't wait to hear all about it when you return!!
smiles, Joy

aBohemianMarket said...

Hi Sharon:
I know you are on the way home and I am eagerly awaiting your return as I know lots of others are too : )
I am curious what you did, how you did it and where you went : ) Yet, other than this I will politely wait for you to post : ) I know you should rest a bit; flying is not real great for rest : )
So, rest a bit, play with Miss Gracie, talk with Tina and then let your adoring public know how you are
Hugs
carole

RoyalTLady said...

Sharon, when you return, please drop by my blog to collect an award and please continue the game...

Hope you are happy to receive this award.