Sunday, November 29, 2009

Random Bits

nov30-1

It’s been a busy week, heck, a busy November. I’m not sure I’m ready for December but Miss Gracie sure is.

nov30-9

Last year, fall came early in September, but this year it really didn’t arrive until November (as far at the foliage is concerned).

nov30-8

When I left for Silver Bella on November 11, the trees were still green.

nov30-7

Imagine my surprise when I returned four days later to this. The trees were aglow in golds and reds and the ground was filling up with leaves.

nov30-10

Last weekend, we went out to Nick’s Rockaway Beach restaurant for crab sandwiches. The establishment has been around since the 1920’s and was quite the place in days past.

nov30-4

My mom and I always like to get out there for their famous crab sandwiches each year.

nov30-2

My sister Tina always gets a hot chocolate before her crab sandwich. Or sometimes, like last weekend, two hot chocolates.

nov30-5

My older sister Joanne, and younger sister, Tina pose for me across the table. Last time, the waitress asked me where I was from. I guess she thought I was a tourist.

nov30-3

Before they serve the lunch, they put hot garlic bread on the table. Very yummy, but definitely filling on top of the crab sandwich!

7 comments:

kana said...

Your mom looks so good! I agree with Tina, I would go for the hot chocolate!!

T's Daily Treasures said...

You certainly resemble your mom. Looks like a great place for a crab sandwich yum! Your sister sounds like my good friend Melissa -- she thinks hot chocolate goes with anything. I wouldn't be able to eat a sandwich if I had that first. Your area looks lovely with all the trees still dressed in their fall apparel. We have cool weather here now, which is so nice, but everything still looks the same. Blessings to you for a wonderful week. :) Tamy

June said...

Oh how fun Sharon, to spend this day with mom and the sisters! I am so thrilled to see the pictures of you all. What a cute bunch of girls all in one place! Yes, and Miss Gracie too! I get so excited when I see pictures of my blogging buds and their families.
Your fall color sure was pretty when it finally showed up.
Hugs,
June

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon,

It was lovely to see photos of you, your Mother and your Sisters, there is a great family likeness.
You must have had a great Girls day out and what delicious food. I loved seeing the photos of Miss Gracie and the pretty Autumn leaves.

Have a great week
Hugs
Carolyn

aBohemianMarket said...

Hi Sharon:
I have been to Nick's but years ago : ) I equate it to the Cliff House on Ocean Beach. What a lovely outing you had!!!
The hot chocolate looks good so I agree with Tina; 2 will do : )
Nice to see all of you together having fun!!!
Hugs
carole

Laura @ Cameron Crazy said...

Looks like you ladies had a great time and that bread looks delish!

Jodie LeJeune said...

Awe...I love the Mother-Daughter moments! This is too precious, you are so lucky to have all of them!!!
Did I tell you that I am lonesome for you? I don't even like crab...much less crab cakes but if that's what it takes for us to be together again...I'd eat it ~ with hot chocolate of course! ;)
Just getting back online after about a week and a half and I didn't realize how lonesome I was until I saw your photo....sniff sniff!
I hope you have a wonderful holiday Sharon...I will always have the wonderful memories of Silver Bella!!!! Did I mention that I miss Kana too??? ;)
Love you gals,
everything vintage