Monday, November 16, 2009

Home From Silver Bella

Where do I begin? So much to tell about the last five days... I am happy to be home after having a most wonderful time. I've been trying to get organized after unloading my large suitcase filled with just supplies, projects and items I purchased at vendor night and antique stores. How much fun to go through these things including some of the swap items that I've not yet even unwrapped. As I am still organizing my items and my thoughts, I'll start out of order with the goodie bag that was hung on our chairs Thursday night at the dinner. It's a lovely canvas bag decorated with blue and white fabric and bows.

Of course, when I took out all the items inside, you-know-who jumped up to see what she might get into for a little kitty fun. Oh, Miss Gracie!

The goodie bag was filled with wrapped items from several generous people including Kim Caldwell (Artistic Bliss), Lisa Kettell, Jemellia Hilfiger (Jem Jam), Lonnie Jenck (Farmgirls), Wanda Clark (The Rat's Pajamas), Oddfolies, Lori Zitzelberger (mud pie studio), Heather Rowley (Speckled Egg), Analise Sledd (the sugar sugar shop), Birds of a Feather, Paper Relics, and Whim and Fancy Designs.

Many of the items are little kits to make different pieces of art as well as art supplies including ribbon, mica flakes and crepe paper. Miss Gracie likes the ribbon in particular.

It was great to meet other Bellas at the dinner and be in the presence of so many talented ladies who run their own creative businesses. I sat next to Shelly Kennedy of Drooze Studios, a very talented artist. Little did she know that a few years back I cut out an article about her in a magazine for inspiration because I admired what she had done. At our table, I also met Marilee of Rose Briar Studio, Julie Fjell of Julie Fjell Pottery and her mom; Jeanne Oliver of A Bushel and a Peck, and Kari Ramstrom of Artsy Mama. And of course, my partner in crime and roommate, Kana of Kana Creates was there as well.

After dinner, Stephanie Hamen of Fiskers had a project for us to complete before we got to the swap exchange. The swap exchange was really fun as we finally got to see completed projects (such as the Holiday Fabric Fat Book and Inspiration Apron) and receive like items in other exchanges. More to come on that!
There was so much more but for now, I just wanted to give you a little peek into the event. Luckily for me, I am on vacation this week so I can spend some time finishing projects, putting things away, and getting caught up. I didn't take as many photos as I had intended, which I am sad about. However, I do have much more to post!

9 comments:

aBohemianMarket said...

Hi Sharon:
I just want to be the 1st to say "Welcome Home!!!"
I will e-mail you later
Hugs
carole
I bet you are tired : )
Miss Gracie is Happy too : )

Laura said...

What beautiful goodies! I bet Miss Gracie missed you! She looks just as excited as I'm sure you were! :)

T's Daily Treasures said...

I'm sure every moment was memorable, special and joyous! The gift bag would be enough to make me happy! :) Welcome back and best wishes, Tammy

Julie said...

Silver Bella....tella us about it...I can't wait to see future posts as you unveil your fabulous trip...Miss Gracie - what a nice welcome home... xo Julie

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

What beautiful treasures you received in that darling bag!! Miss Gracie looks so happy to be with you!! Welcome Home dear Sharon!
Hugs, Carol Anne

June said...

Hi Sharon,
It all sounds like so much fun! I'm so glad you could get away for some fun and inspiration. I will be excited to see all of what you did there. Happy that you're home safe and sound.
Hugs,
June

drooz studio said...

sharon! awww. I'm touched! if I had to pick ONE word to describe my weekend.. it would be INSPIRED! I'm happy to hear that I can do the same for others! it was a wonderful "first time bella" experience! Shell

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Sharon and Miss Gracie,

I loved seeing your photos and what beautiful things in the goodie bag. I reckon Miss Gracie would have been one happy kitty to see her Mama.

Hugs
Carolyn

Karen said...

(drool)
Come He** or high water, I have GOT TO GO next year. sigh.
I can only imagine - you had to have had a ball!!!
I can't wait to read the rest of the posts!!!
Thanks for sharing!
Karen